Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video: Horween Leather Factory Tour

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for sharing. I believe that our old friend Craig AKA Sloan will be visiting Horween very soon and hope that he will give us a thorough write up as a skilled journalist. ;)

FredS

One of the Regulars
Thanks for sharing. I believe that our old friend Craig AKA Sloan will be visiting Horween very soon and hope that he will give us a thorough write up as a skilled journalist. ;)

That's good to know. I hope that when he is there he will ask a few questions about the Chromexel leather especially about some of these points made in the following interview with Phil Kalas from Horween.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...e-on-Horween-Chromexel-the-pro-s-and-the-cons

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'll definitely ask them about this, 21 pages on the subject, it would be daft not to get it from the FQHH's mouth (so to speak). A CXL murse, now there's an idea... though not if it's going to turn brown overnight. I do have limits you know!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The one piece of advice I would offer those visiting Horween is to breathe through your mouth ;)

wdw

One Too Many
I look forward to Sloan's report. The good thing is that he'll be asking questions knowing exactly what's of interest to TFL punters.

I'll definitely ask them about this, 21 pages on the subject, it would be daft not to get it from the FQHH's mouth (so to speak). A CXL murse, now there's an idea... though not if it's going to turn brown overnight. I do have limits you know!

I happen to love the way mine is aging... lol

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The one piece of advice I would offer those visiting Horween is to breathe through your mouth ;)

You're not the first one to pass on that advice. For some reason my other half wasn't keen to join me on this trip - she's off to the French Market instead.
Butte, are you sure that's not an AL sturse?

thor

Call Me a Cab
Alden Indy boots are made of Horween chromexel; anybody notice any color "drift" or undue greasiness or premature fading?

Stand By

One Too Many
Great links - thanks for posting! Very interesting ....

Oh, and Sloan: start saving for the gift shop !!! ;-)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Alden Indy boots are made of Horween chromexel; anybody notice any color "drift" or undue greasiness or premature fading?

My Alden shell cordovan bluchers "bleed" white residue at the seams that is easily removed with a horsehair shoe brush.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Butte, which is aging fastest, your CXL Murse or the CXL skin of your body? lol :pound:

I've heard a rumour that Horween have put in a substantial bid for your skin--when you've finished with it of course. There should be enough for a few murses, n'est-ce pas ? They say the skin is the largest organ... personally I beg to differ.....

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
My Alden shell cordovan bluchers "bleed" white residue at the seams that is easily removed with a horsehair shoe brush.

I've noticed this "bloom" as well. Easily brushed away as you mention. I notice it when I decide to wear my shell cordovan shoes after they have sat unworn for a while. Almost seems like the shell is so stuffed full of "stuff" that it weeps out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff