Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video of Nathaniel of Nates Hats

leo

One of the Regulars
I just came across this video of Nathaniel Funmaker that shows some of the century-old equipment he uses to make his custom hats. Thought it might be of interest to some here.

His main market is western but he made the Aussie-style Outback Explorer in my avatar. I'm told he can do fedoras, too, although I've not seen one in the flesh.

To get the exact fit, my head was measured with a 100-year old contraption similar to the skeleton-like device in the video.

Bill

Fedora

Vendor
Great video. Thanks! I think this is the guy who made Josh Bernstein's hat for the History Channel's old series, Digging for the Truth.

I can relate to this guy alot. Fedora

leo

One of the Regulars
Fedora said:
Great video. Thanks! I think this is the guy who made Josh Bernstein's hat for the History Channel's old series, Digging for the Truth.

You are correct. He made two of the Outback Explorers for Bernstein (the first one was accidentally left behind). He also made Will Smith's hat in Wild Wild West as well as supposedly for much more famous people, but he seems discrete and humble enough to not promote that fact.

Bill

Fedora

Vendor
He also made Will Smith's hat in Wild Wild West as well as supposedly for much more famous people, but he seems discrete and humble enough to not promote that fact.

Yeah, when dealing with certain celebs, some don't want you to use them for advertising. I have run into that. And, I don't divulge those names. I have been told that up front, from two of these celebs. So, I just never mention it anymore, when a new one buys from me. I can be tight lipped, when I have to be.

Josh at least mentioned who make his hat though. On his program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80