Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Apparel Annex leather M/C jackets, Thoughts? Quality?

image.jpeg
Wondering if any members here have any experience with this maker. I believe they were thought to be on par with Langlitz/Vanson in the 70's and 80's and were based out of Portland...but have since become extinct. I'm eyeballing a jacket now and it looks to be super heavy, quality hide and build. Just hoping someone can confirm for me what looks to be a quality jacket. (or tell me to avoid so I don't waste any $$ as I don't have a hell of a lot to spare at the moment!)

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 46403 Wondering if any members here have any experience with this maker. I believe they were thought to be on par with Langlitz/Vanson in the 70's and 80's and were based out of Portland...but have since become extinct. I'm eyeballing a jacket now and it looks to be super heavy, quality hide and build. Just hoping someone can confirm for me what looks to be a quality jacket. (or tell me to avoid so I don't waste any $$ as I don't have a hell of a lot to spare at the moment!)
Label? More pics? Who's the maker?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Is it as orange-brown in person? The leather looks good and thick, but that color... very 70's. I dunno. I'd prefer a browner brown.

Is it as orange-brown in person? The leather looks good and thick, but that color... very 70's. I dunno. I'd prefer a browner brown.
Hard to say. Looks like a burnt orange terra cotta color. It's the color that actually attracted me to it. It's hideous in a way but I've been known to sport some "odd" colored leathers, and I can't help but like them. :oops:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Something different! And if the numbers stack up :) you wouldn't come across too many fellas wearing the same

I'm coming to the realization that, for some reason, I like odd colored leather jackets. I've owned a multitude of them, almost always feel self conscious wearing them, and always find myself attracted to them. this is probably an occasion where I should just do nothing and get over it. Especially considering I just sold my dear HB and I won't see my next Aero 'til June.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'm coming to the realization that, for some reason, I like odd colored leather jackets. I've owned a multitude of them, almost always feel self conscious wearing them, and always find myself attracted to them. this is probably an occasion where I should just do nothing and get over it. Especially considering I just sold my dear HB and I won't see my next Aero 'til June.
You could always try over dyeing it to dark brown. That could be interesting to see as it wears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace