Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Date???

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Dude, don't have a nervous breakdown over the outfit. Look nice, bring her flowers, and have a good time. Be a gentleman, that's the most best vintage thing you can be.

I like you. You speak such good sense!

Chas: I had the same first thought, but I think what he means is that their date will have a vintage theme or style, and that that'll want to do something and go places as old fashioned as possible. Nice idea.

Oh my the pressure of a themed date! I stay married to avoid dating - the thought of going on a themed one is agonising!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to some of the gents here, but a theme 'vintage' date sounds like fun! That might be going to a play that has a 30s or 40s theme, or listening to big band music in an old hotel that has an art deco decor, or seeing old movies shown on the big screen in a restored movie palace. Oh, can you perhaps foxtrot or rhumba, or sing to the standards? My Mr. and I met in a Beg. Foxtrot class, and he sang along (for me) to "Ain't that a Kick in the Head" when it came on for practice music in the class!

Being a gentleman and picking up the tab too (how old fashioned is that!) will win you points. Being well groomed and well dressed are good things...

Last edited:

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
I dunno, any time I've bought stuff for them like flowers on the first meeting. I never see them again. I think it makes them uncomfortable. I'd maybe save that for the third time you see them. If she turns out to be a dud on the first date and you never hear from her again, you'll kick yourself for putting a deposit down for nothing. Third date flowers let her know you take her serious and want to keep her and what a smooth criminal you are.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
With this talk of third date flowers, picking up tabs, and being a smooth criminal, it cannot be you.

If it is, then I am officially the last sane person on the planet.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
Well a lot of girls are goofy and don't go for the vintage look.

They want something closer to this...
douche_bags1.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Well a lot of girls are goofy and don't go for the vintage look.

They want something closer to this...
douche_bags1.jpg

ah, yes. Guidos Please refer to the good 'ol www.urbandictionary.com

A sad pathetic excuse for a male; not necessarily of Italian descent, but most likely; usually native to the New York/New Jersey Tri-State area.

WARDROBE: tight zipper shirts, tracksuits, designer jeans, fuzzy kangol hats, tiny hoop earrings, fake gold chains, and related Euro-trash garb and tacky cheese-wear.

NATURAL HABITAT: Known to frequent Tri-State area malls looking for club gear to waste their week's pay on (most likely spotted shopping at "Bang Bang" in Staten Island). During the day when not at their food delivery, telemarketting, or construction job, can be located at their local gym tanning or lifting weights

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I'm an optimist :). I picture their grandchildren as the mid-21st century version of the Victorians, wearing high collars and gloves. And hacking into the network to delete any sartorial or video evidence that their forebearers were morally and intellectually stunted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy