Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Date???

I've heard women complain that they've had dates like this. That's too bad that it's come to this. I kind of go by this standard. I always offer to pay. If the woman doesn't want me to, I'll offer one more time, in a friendly manner. If they still say no, I'm not going to be pushy about it. It isn't a matter of pride or trying to get something from a girl, besides a date, and the chance at perhaps a relationship down the road. It's just good manners. People don't seem to be taught good manners and such niceties are lost on the masses.

I put that together with insecurity, for sure, but it took me a while to realize. I had an experience with someone who was violently insecure with his masculinity (often taking it out on me) and one of the things he used to berate me for was wanting to contribute to a night out. He wouldn't have it, so we stopped going out. Makes a lot of sense.

As for the regular phenomenon, I find a lot of men these days will pay for a first date (though I've heard stories...) but as they become more comfortable around you, this will stop. First they start complaining how expensive restaurants today are. Then they complain that what you want to do is too expensive. Soon they start asking you to meet them places instead of picking you up, and before you know it, you're paying the bar tab.
I have no issue with going Dutch treat, nor am I a golddigging party girl. It just appears to me that men today, even those with means, are more concerned with saving a dollar than taking out their girl.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
I was seeing a young lady before I met my wife. She had looks. Actually she was very attractive and was nice. One of our last dates, (did you notice the catch word) I took her to a underground club where three rockabilly bands were playing.... two openers, then the main act. About ten bucks a head at the door. Not much, but I really wanted to see them play and also introduce her to my friends.

Instead she spent the whole night whole night with her arms crossed and occasionally her fingers in her ears. But when she started rolling her eyes when she was meeting my friends with that fake "I really don't want to be here smile", all breaks were off! I got to see the first act and one song of the second. But it was time to stick a fork in it, because it's done! I mean rude to me is one thing, but rude to my friends... not on my watch! I may not always agree with them. Hell, I may not always even like them. But at least show respect to people you just met!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh man, C-Dot has a lot of guys pegged on the paying part!
Time for a new plan...
Glad the date went well, that always makes repeat dates a lot easier. :eusa_clap

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
It has happened, it was a very nice time, she looked great, I looked great and we had a fun time. Hopefully I will be hearing from her again. :)

I am glad that you had a good time, Captain. Hope you do hear from her again. Would love to see pics of yall all dressed up if you ever get any. Tried to call the other day but you were probably busy at work and then I got busy and did not get a chance to attempt back. Will chat with you later.

=GG=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy