Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hanover Imperial Shoes with Shoe Trees - SOLD -

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I believe these to be size 8-1/2 D but I couldn't find the numbers inside to be sure so see measurements below and compare to your good fitting shoes. (I usually wear 9 or 9-1/2 and I can get into these easily but they cramp me just a little up front.)

What I did find, along with an obscure set of numbers, was a faint blue ink stamp reading, "NOV 18 1962". For nearly 48 years old these shoes are in fantastic shape!

$45 shipped in U.S. (PM me for int'l shipping)

Norwegian split-toe style. Beautiful red-brown color with a 'depth' to the look of the leather that can only come with age. Original soles have plenty of wear left in them. Cat's Paw rubber heels show some wear but if I could comfortably wear these shoes I wouldn't change a thing. Only the very slightest hints of use on the uppers. Nearly perfect on top. Marked "Genuine Calf Skin" on sole and featuring full leather insoles too.

I paired with the shoes a vintage set of wood and metal, adjustable Hanover brand shoe trees to make this a nice package for the next one to enjoy and care for these shoes.

I give TFLers first dibs, so I'll give it a few days here and if there's no action it's off to the auction. ;)

Overall length outside: 11-7/8"
Overall length inside: 10-3/4"
Widest outside sole: 4-1/4"
Narrowest outside sole: 3-1/8"
Heel: 1"

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

MORE PHOTOS HERE:
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/...t Toe with Shoe Trees/?action=postuploadshare

NoZen

New in Town
I don't have the mojo yet to send a PM but I want 'em! Don't know if I can receive PMs or not; if not I am tarrall at ecentral.com...

NoZen

New in Town
Arrived a couple of days ago, wearing 'em today, they're great!

(One of our cats wants to spend all day rubbing up against them. You store 'em in catnip or something? :) )

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
NoZen said:
(One of our cats wants to spend all day rubbing up against them. You store 'em in catnip or something? :) )

Nope, in fact I didn't have these in my possession for very long. But I did polish 'em up. I think it's just that your cat has discerning good taste! ;) :)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Nope, in fact I didn't have these in my possession for very long. But I did polish 'em up. I think it's just that your cat has discerning good taste! ;) :)

It must be the Cat's Paw-heels ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot