Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage military Pea coat fitting again

Dodo

Familiar Face
so guys, i lost some weights and now i have a slim figure, i'm 37,5 pit to pit chest, 34 waist and i'm 5.4 height, interested in buying a vintage military peacoat, so besides i should look for a short vintage military peacot from vintagetrends or on the bay, I have to search for a size 36 or a size 38? I would like to wear a peacoat with a sweater for cold weather.
hope you can help me, i read the guide Mr. Peacoat wrote on the lounge and somehow i think i could try a 36 but I'm affraid it will too thight for me. Buying form italy i would greatly avoid sending back item.
thanks

JanSolo

Practically Family
36 sounds right for you. I'm 6ft tall, weigh 155lbs /75 kg and I have a 38.5 inch chest. My 68 Dale is a size 38 and it is a very good fit with enough room for layering. A 38 would be too wide and most likely too long for you.

Hope that helps.

Dodo

Familiar Face
thanks guys, i'll buy a 36 whenever i find an excellent one on sale at a good price. so strange that you have to size down with these jackets!

Peacoat

Bartender
thanks guys, i'll buy a 36 whenever i find an excellent one on sale at a good price. so strange that you have to size down with these jackets!

It's not so much that one has to size down, but that you, with a 37.5" chest, just aren't all the way to the next size. I have a 42" chest and wear a size 42 peacoat. I can wear a size 40, but it is too tight for me with a sweater.

Let us know how the search goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic