Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Telephone Ringtones

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
KAT said:
well then..i dont want him...im not good when it comes to cleaning..i always run into things...i need somebody who can DO JUST EVERYTHING!!! not just cleaning ;) :p lol

After the rush to invite you out to dinner in the other thread, I suddenly hear another stampede of volunteers heading your way... ;)

KAT

A-List Customer
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]After the rush to invite you out to dinner in the other thread, I suddenly hear another stampede of volunteers heading your way... ;)[/QUOTE]

hehhehehe:p :D

Doh!

One Too Many
Cousin Hepcat said:
I've a 2005 Verizon Motorola cell... never looked into riingtones but often thought if I could get a classic "real" metal bell recording tone, or convert my own WAV's into ringtones, that would be cool...

anyone with a Verizon Motorola cell know if this is possible? They don't print the model number on these things, but it's got a color screen w/ animation etc.

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

I have the same Verizon, and unfortunately they block you from creating your own ringtones (hey, man, they need the $1.99). I successfully emailed myself what I thought would be a cool tone, but couldn't get it to be a ringtone. I called Verizon and their tech told me the phones won't accept such files as ringtones. I did some 'net research and found some convoluted ways around this, but couldn't get it to work.

Bottom line, I think it's incredibly GREEDY of them not to allow us to make our own tones, especially considering that they don't offer the one I want for sale.

Jerks.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Trickeration's ring tone is Artie Shaw's recording of Begin the Beguine! It sound really good and it's not too quiet. I find sometimes you'll find a good song but, it plays too quietly... why is that?

Oh well, still one of the rare cell phone free men! I'm holding out for one made in bakelite! lol

=WR=

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
As I do not own a cell my self, my Mother has been using a nice ring-tone that sounds just like my Western Electric 302.

It's nice to hear a bell ring in a public place instead of some digitalized song that sounds more like noise then a song. :rolleyes:

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The iPhone comes with a nice vintage bell ring option. I use it for people I don't know, because it's the generic ring from my youth. I am old enough to remember when all phones had little bells inside.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I've had two different cell phones over the past four years, and have only used a vintage sounding bell ringer for both. I don't like most of the music ring tones out there, and frankly would be embarrassed to be out in public and have my phone ring if I had some of the tones out there.

Thanks for posting the link. I'll have to check those out.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
If you want vintage on a mod cell phone, how about a recording of Laugh-In's Ernestine the operator (snort) with her catchy "Number Please" ! That'll take you back to the days before phones had numbers. :D

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
all my ringtones are glenn miller songs or benny goodman or other musicians from that era, I just save the songs from my computer and put them on a memory card and stick em in my phone ;) I love seeing people's reaction to an "old" song rather than a rap song haha..eww

DerMann

Practically Family
Nabbed one off of that site, quite good.

Now I am in search of a telegraph tapping for my text tone (if you will). And I cannot receive media via text messages :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran