Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vitamins

jayem

A-List Customer
What vitamins does everyone take to give their body that extra beauty umph? I should probably be considered a vitamin junkie with what I take. On a daily basis:
B12 - extra energy during the day, also aides in the nervous system and heart
Potassium - this is taken solely because of health problems, but I also hear it helps the muscles.
Vitamin E - we all know the wonders of Vitamin E
Lutein - does wonders for the eyes and helps prevent and repair eye damage
Calcium - I loathe the taste of milk, and get calcium from very few other places

I also take 3 Flintstones vitamins a day. They actually promote hair growth, and my hair tends to grow 3X faster, now.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I take a multivitamin and mineral, a 'calcium complex' and omega 3 capsules. What, pray tell, is a Flintstones? Is it affiliated to the cartoon?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Ada Veen said:
I take a multivitamin and mineral, a 'calcium complex' and omega 3 capsules. What, pray tell, is a Flintstones? Is it affiliated to the cartoon?
It's a popular children's multivitamin :)
369298.jpg

I've been meaning to start taking a multivitamin again. I just take Centrum One-A-Day though.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I take cod liver oil. It's mainly for the health, (and it is found to make babies smarter, maybe it works for me to?), but It've also been told it's good for the skin.

I take it in capsules, because the oil tastes and smell bleurgh!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I take a food-sourced (important to me) daily multi-vitamin everyday. When I'm stressed or fatigued, I'll take an extra B-12 supplement. When my skin is breaking out, I'll take a zinc supplement. I generally don't go wild with the supplements, since there is such thing as vitamin overdose. A balanced diet helps, too.

A lot of the big vitamin companies use some really sketchy sources to extract the vitamins. Sure, the chemical composition is technically the same as food-sourced vitamins, but I just don't trust it.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Helen Troy said:
I take cod liver oil. It's mainly for the health, (and it is found to make babies smarter, maybe it works for me to?), but It've also been told it's good for the skin.

I take it in capsules, because the oil tastes and smell bleurgh!

The omegas in it should be good for any brain!

Since I'm a vegetarian, I just use oils (flax seed especially). It's easy to mix them into salad dressings and bread dips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925