Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W.E.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't even know if it was released in germany yet. I must have been... since the dude uhm duke was so german friendly. I am goin to see it at least once because of the clothes.

PS: I think there is another thread about it elsewhere in this forum. Try a search.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
There was a thread before, yes - I think we got quite sidetracked speculating about why they reportedly omitted Edward VIII (later the Duke of Windsor) and Wallace Simpson's blatant Nazi-sympathies (which extended long after the war, when the death camps etc had become common knowledge - clearly he turned down Hitler's offer of regaining the British throne for other reasons!). It seems, based on the latest historical views, that the notion of Wallace and Edward as a great romance is, at bes,t historically questionable. Judging by the stills from Madonna's film, though, it's worth seeing once, even if only for the clothes. I'll certainly be doing that when it comes on television. There'll also be some wry amusement if it's worse than Body of Evidence. ;)

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I did search for it but nothing came up!

The clothes were spectacular. The film definitely takes the angle that it was not the great romance it's been....well, romanticized to be, at least after the marriage from Wallis's point of view.

Edward

Bartender
I did search for it but nothing came up!

The clothes were spectacular. The film definitely takes the angle that it was not the great romance it's been....well, romanticized to be, at least after the marriage from Wallis's point of view.

I can't find it on Google now either.... bum. The search facility built into Proboards is iffy at best, but Google usually turns things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner