Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waiting for my Eastman B-3 .50CAL

jback

Familiar Face
Hello all!

This is my first post to the forum. I've been reading the forum for a while and am amased at how much detail information you chaps have on WWII clothing! Now I'm starting to be interested...

So, I was planning on ordering an Eastman jacket next fall, in time for winter. I was trying to make up my mind between an Irving, a B-3 or a B-6. But then I noticed some B-3 .50CAL's in Eastman's Re-issue section. The size seemed right and the price was knocked down a bit. I called them to check the measurements and it still seemed right. I was torn between "Can my credit card take some £600?" and "I want that NOW!" Guess which won! :D

Today TNT e-mailed me that they have picked up the delivery. Should be here on Wednesday or Thursday. Can't wait. luckily there will still be some coldish days over here this spring so I don't have to wait until fall to use the jacket!

Cheers!

Jonathan

Otter

One Too Many
Hey Congrats on your purchase! I have a broken sheepskin B-3 of Eastmans and one of the roughwear B-2 hats to match it. Funnily enough, I just bought an Irvin (Aero 42 pattern) on ebay and guess where it came from........Finland!

JanSolo

Practically Family
Nice jacket. Looks great! Enjoy the last days of winter and make sure to buy proper moth protection for summer...

6839293256_278b130b3b_z.jpg

6985413919_f59f3dc6a9_z.jpg

6985414309_bf653c2ec5_z.jpg

6839293434_5c1ac60be0_z.jpg

6839293582_f27d7fdb81_z.jpg

jback

Familiar Face
Thanks guys! About the warmth. I was a bit worried beforehand that it would be too warm to be practical, but it turned out to be just fine, at least based on my first walk with it yesterday evening. Like any warm winter jacket it felt ok in the beginning and after a while I started opening the zipper. The temperature was around zero Celicius.

J

The "it's too warm" replies always get me. Don't people ever sit outside and drink coffee? Take in the morning?
I don't always walk around and a warm jacket is great in not so cold temps. I start my mornings outside sitting and reading and sometimes working. A nice toasty jacket makes it do enjoyable! Sure, it's not used year round, but those few months it's nice to have!
Enjoy. It's lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy