Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

war souvenirs

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
Any collectors here?I have one to share,My uncle left one of his prized treasures from his wartime life to me.Its a U.S. 1$ bill that he found while floating in the Pacific,you see his ship was torpedoed while in transport to a unknown location, my Uncle and many other we're out there for a week or so,as he recalls.He came upon the dollar at a very low moment out there,it reminded him why and what he was there for.It was placed in a frame and hung above his bar,on many occasions he would look at it and raise a toast to those who didn't come back. (1st Lt.J.J.Komarynsky U.S.Army 1941-45 R.I.P.)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Dad picked this emblem up during The Bulge. I think it part of one of those red banners.

mejack2.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Nambu Type 14 Officer's pistol

My uncle brought this item back from Guadalcanal in 1942. As the story goes 'Washing Machine Charlie' would buzz Henderson field and the surrounding Marines each day. 'Charlie' would strafe and bomb just enough to disrupt their acitivities and kick up some sand. Eventually pilot Jack Conger rammed him with his Wildcat and 'Charlie' was captured. Relieved of his pistol by Conger, my uncle Col. Edmund Buckley took possession of the Nambu 14, holster and belt and brought it home to Pennsylvania as a souvenir. My dad had that relic for decades and as a kid I'd drag it out and show it off.

Sadly, as the years have past it has disappeared through too many moves and too little attention. Hopefully into the hands of a caring collector in a worthy display.

http://www.historynet.com/air_sea/aerial_combat/3028101.html?showAll=y&c=y

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats