Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wehrmacht Collection

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Hello, I have been collecting Militaria aswell for awhile so I thought I might share some of my replicas on here in my spare time.. The first I got a Christmas, A WWII German Wehrmacht Panzer Officer Visor and the other I got a week or two ago A WWII German Kriegsmarine U-boot Visor, What a mouthful! ;)

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SH, I can see you will fit right in here at the Lounge! I too have a collection such schirmutzen. I'm still waiting to find the right Kriegsmarine cap. Thanks for sharing yours.

-dixon cannon

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Dixon Cannon said:
SH, I can see you will fit right in here at the Lounge! I too have a collection such schirmutzen. I'm still waiting to find the right Kriegsmarine cap. Thanks for sharing yours.

-dixon cannon
Thanks, my collection is just small time like about 10-20 hat uniforms and such... and most are replicas but I have some that are originals.

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Here's one of me in my infantry crusher:

bryn1.jpg

Dixon Cannon

Silver Dollar said:
Are those German uniforms being worn for re enactments, movies and other types of performances?

Yes & Yes! When the AZ Wing of the CAF obtained their (CASA) He-111 and restored it for flight, a group of supporters put together a Luftwaffe Staffel to add to the presentation at airshows and displays. No sooner did we get a group together with sufficient authenticity then the aircraft was lost in a terrible Wyoming crash which killed the crew and destroyed the plane. http://www.stelzriede.com/ms/html/mshwma29.htm

We all showed up on a regular basis for CAF functions and exhibits over the years - as time goes on I wear mine less and less (due mostly to an ever expanding waistline!) and opt for my USAAF presentation. At a CAF dance a year ago I did score some applause as a recreation of Experten, Hans Joachim Marseille, The Star of Afrika , in summer tropical uniform. It might have been my spindley legs in short pants that caught the most attention though (or my neatly tied cravat!).

I just bought that new inexpensive Luftwaffe Jacke posted on another thread, so I may strut around in fighter pilot gear again, if only for my own enjoyment.

-dixon 'oberst' cannon

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Thanks for the quick reply. I used to wear my USAAF uniforms to 8th AF Historical Society meetings and Air Force memorial presentations but I never had the opportunity to do any re enactments which I would have loved to do. At one time, I even had a complete repro AVG set up that looked great but now I have the same type of expansion problem. Getting older really bites. :rage:

Dixon Cannon

Silver Dollar said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I used to wear my USAAF uniforms to 8th AF Historical Society meetings and Air Force memorial presentations but I never had the opportunity to do any re enactments which I would have loved to do. At one time, I even had a complete repro AVG set up that looked great but now I have the same type of expansion problem. Getting older really bites. :rage:

SD, post some pics! I'd love to see that AVG ensemble! I wish there were more opportunities for us all to get together in uniforms. I love to hear the stories of who/what/where/why/and when!!

-dixon cannon

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
The jacket to that uniform, the correct scarf and my repro Chinese wings were lost in Hurricane Andrew. It was composed of a bush jacket with the repro Chinese wings on one side and a repro Flying Tiger in the V pin on the other side. The hat was an olive drab crusher with the Chinese officer's metal cap badge in place of the eagle. I still have some of that stuff. I'll take a picture of the insignia pieces I have left and post it. I think you'll find them of some interest. :)

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
That's a really nice KM cap you have there!;)

I got mine from Soldat FHQ, and had to re-age it (after having been in a torrential downpour in '07 - it was bad enough it took 3 days to dry out completely):

Cap1.jpg

capwbull.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails