Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wehrmacht Collection

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
StetsonHomburg said:
And if there is one Kriegsmarine guy (Prien), One Lufwaffe Guy (Dixon Cannon), and one Heer guy (Baggypants) I have to call myself An Afrikakorps guy
Because I love U-boats and the KM but my "love is with the panzers in the desert" This is an old uniform of mine and it is a not very good repo, but it was my first. I removed one of the rusted TK's to put it on my hat ( I am going to buy a "10" pack more of them to replace the ones on my unifoms. My left breast pocket has an EK2 ribbon but the picture doesn't show it. The guy I bought it from (a friend in LA) said it was used in either the movie Tobruk, or Indiana Jones because It has a big Ain the inside and he told me that what they did in hollywood; not sure thought?
:p

Sehr gut! Ausgezeichnet!

-dixon von cannon

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I can't help you on any markings on your DAK uniform, StetsonHomburg. I don't study/research any other branch so I couldn't help anyone with anything regarding them - just strictly U-Boats is all I'm involved in.

You do have some nice uniforms though! :)

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Yeah I understand. I had belonged to them, but as they mainly deal with the ground forces, and some Luftwaffe, I don't participate there anymore (or the Axis reenactors forum) for that matter either - due to the same situation.

I can't relate to their subjects.

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
I just joined this site today and saw this thread. Here I thought I would be the only one on here with an interest in collecting militaria and items of Wehrmacht. Silly me!

Anybody also members of the wehrmacht-awards.com message board? Ive been on there for YEARS!

Kind regards!
-Chris

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello :)

I'm not a member of that forum, which may surprise some, but that is a very nice board to visit. I've stopped by there quite a few times myself to read information.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Chris Dillon said:
I just joined this site today and saw this thread. Here I thought I would be the only one on here with an interest in collecting militaria and items of Wehrmacht. Silly me!

Anybody also members of the wehrmacht-awards.com message board? Ive been on there for YEARS!

Kind regards!
-Chris
Well welcome to the Forum!
Nope there are a few of us here.
and I used to be a member of the wehrmacht awards,
but scince I only collect replica's (Because in alberta
you must be 14 to get a part time job) I couldn't afford
originals so I just quit....

Anyways Welcome again! ;)

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
I am just testing out photobucket to see if it is better than Imageshack: and what do you know...... It is!
I added a T-Alder Officer insignia, 1942 German Dust/Sun Goggles, A worn edelweiss, and a small stick pin
badge that reads Heeresbergfuhrer (A Badge given to qualifid mountain leaders/guides.... (Sorry about my
crappy sewing, I have never sewn BeVo insignia before!)

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
Thanks for the welcome, guys!
And you're right, Stetson, it is a PRICEY hobby! Between that and old suits, I'm doomed!
I'm loving that Bergfuhrer bage!

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Chris Dillon said:
Cool stuff!

I have some pictures I would love to share but I dont want to hijack this thread!
Ill start a new one once I take some decent pictures! Hopefully others will post theirs as well!
I really don't mind, post some pictures, I want it to be more of a share your
whole collection than just my collection...

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I would post more - but I do not have any more uniform caps. The only other things I have are my reefer jacket, medals, leathers, 2 stickpins, Deutscher Flotten Verein pendant, and repro. WWI German Naval officer's dagger.

I'd like to get a repro. WWII style German naval officer's dagger, as I found where I can get one. The only difference is that instead of the swastika, it has the fouled anchor.

I've also thought of getting more WWI repro. related items - like WWI U-Boat badge, cap, etc.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
StetsonHomburg said:
And if there is one Kriegsmarine guy (Prien), One Lufwaffe Guy (Dixon Cannon), and one Heer guy (Baggypants) I have to call myself An Afrikakorps guy Because I love U-boats and the KM but my "love is with the panzers in the desert" This is an old uniform of mine and it is a not very good repo, but it was my first. I removed one of the rusted TK's to put it on my hat ( I am going to buy a "10" pack more of them to replace the ones on my unifoms. My left breast pocket has an EK2 ribbon but the picture doesn't show it. The guy I bought it from (a friend in LA) said it was used in either the movie Tobruk, or Indiana Jones because It has a big Ain the inside and he told me that what they did in hollywood; not sure thought? :p
Actually Now I would have to say I am a Gebirgsjager (5. Gebirgs-Division)
.... In which gives me an idea for a new thread......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred