Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What a hat from Aaron's...

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Lovely! That bow is stellar. (I notice you don't seem to have 7 1/4 -- that size sold out?) Is the sweat reeded roan?

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Rick, I don't have the 1/10 catalog yet but I think Bailey's is going the route of Kangol with their catalogs. They'll do three levels of catalogs each getting more expensive. Kangol does a Blue, White and Red lines so I think Bailey is doing the Baily of Hollywood, Bailey Signature and Bailey 1/10. Don't get too excited though. If the 1/10 is like the Signature line they all small, medium, large, xl.

Panamabob said:
Aaron's Fino Montecristi in the near future?

Quite possibly. This is something I want to talk to you about this winter so we have time to do it right for the spring.

Sharpetoys said:
This felt has a vintage feel and look to it. Is it Vintage felt that they had from the old days ?

This isn't new felt but I don't think it's old enough to be classified as vintage. They have a limited number of these felt bodies that are left over from a few years ago. How old, I don't know so I wouldn't want to mis-lead anybody by calling them vintage.

Visigoth said:
I notice you don't seem to have 7 1/4 -- that size sold out?) Is the sweat reeded roan?

Yes, the 7 1/4 in Almond is sold but we still have it in black and chocolate.
I don't know what kind of leather the sweat is but I'd consider is a step above what's used on the current Stetsons.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Interesting and tempting

Unless I'm threatened with a D I V O R C E, I may try and sample a Bailey. Never thought I would but, it sure looks like a nice hat. Really like the perf sweatband. Outstanding overall.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
About that perforated sweatband - do those owning hats with perf sweatbands feel any difference between them and hats with solid sweatbands?

Also - is there any reason a guy with a leather punch and a few spare minutes couldn't modify an existing hatband?

Is there an extra, absorbent layer behind the perforations to pick up sweat, or is it a standard sweatband with holes punched in it?

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Pilgrim said:
Also - is there any reason a guy with a leather punch and a few spare minutes couldn't modify an existing hatband?

Is there an extra, absorbent layer behind the perforations to pick up sweat, or is it a standard sweatband with holes punched in it?

Start punching away. I think the reason they punch holes is so the sweat is absorbed into the leather more quickly. No special backing on the sweat.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Hope So!

When Aaron checks his in box I believe he will be short one Chocolate in 7 3/8. At least I'll be off Ebay for a while. How do you spell contrite? This is going to take a lot of hand holding.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
feltfan said:
Hey Aaron, can you get that punched out in Prairie Shade's
sweat band?

Maybe if we do this again we can have Divorced or To Be Divorced embossed. ;)

Prairie Shade said:
When Aaron checks his in box I believe he will be short one Chocolate in 7 3/8.

It's in shipping right now and will be going out today. Thank you.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a great service you are providing. Perhaps others will follow your lead.
I like the perferated sweat and the way sharpetoys has it styled looks terrific.Great color too. Bravo Aaron

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Unlike some he walks softly and carries no big stick...

DOUGLAS said:
This is a great service you are providing. Perhaps others will follow your lead.
I like the perferated sweat and the way sharpetoys has it styled looks terrific.Great color too. Bravo Aaron

Well Thank You Douglas...

What I think is neat about Aaron he walks the talk. He told me he wanted to get the factory's to produce a better fedora. Its a fact not everybody wants or can afford a custom made fedora.

We see alot written about the major brands not making quality hats. It shows with the right approach and a little teamwork vendor/maker a nice hat still can be factory produced. Putting others down will win your more enemies than friends...

I hope Aaron will continue his private line of Quality hats...:D

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A bunch of PM's

To the ones that sent me a PM and wanted a better picture of the bow... Here is one I missed before.

phpThumb.php

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
New Club Forming??

Guess its time to start a Bailey Beaver Blend Club - I can keep mine in that Stratoliner Box I've had for several years. Finally fill it with something. Members enter here: HELLO, anybody tending the bar????

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

That is the best looking hat I've ever seen from a modern mass production manufacturer. Good work!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Service...

Matt Deckard said:
It looks really nice on you. I like the box and everything!

Color is nice... good ribbon.

Hope he sells more... I like the idea of selling open crown hat again... just need to get the public to realize they aren't bowlers.

Thanks Matt,
The hat comes with a nice hat brush and excellent customer service by Aaron...The color is out of sight...:) I like this color a little more than my Hickory Wonder that I got from Art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran