Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What a hat from Aaron's...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a beautiful fed! Aaron certainly did a wonderful job. I have had the pleasure of visiting his shoppe in North Conway, it is fantastic wall to wall hats. And Aaron and his family welcomed myself and Hemingway with open arms. I ended up buying two hats from him. We are going up to North Conway in about 2 weeks, and look forward to dropping in again. If anyone is even near the area, I recommend stopping by, it's a lovely store in a lovely town.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Daisy, Thank you for your kind words. Keep in mind that the store is closed on Wednesdays. We look forward to seeing you again.

Come on guys, let's see some pics of you with your new hats.

playitagainsam

New in Town
Any more of these?

Hi all,

I just ran across this thread, and this hat is exactly what I've been looking for. I want the high crown but not the 2 3/4 inch brim on some hats of this style have. Does anyone know if there will be anymore of these? I need a 7 1/4 but don't see it on the website. Is there another brand that would match this that is not custom made?

Thanks

Aaron Hats

Vendor
I hadn't planned on having more of these fedoras made but if there's enough interest in them I can look into it. It would probably take a couple months to get them made. Anybody else interested?

Aaron

playitagainsam

New in Town
Hi Aaron Hats,

Do you know if any left in 7 1/4? If not, any suggestions for an alternative? I like the dimensions of this hat and the pics at the beginning of the post give me the feeling that I could get the look I want for my build.

I really want to get something now but would still be interested in one of these also.

Thanks

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I really want a nice fedora and those sure look good. I'm a 7 1/2 I guess (23.5" around). The only thing holding me back is that I don't know if that size brim and crown would compliment my narrow face.

Barry

Practically Family
Aaron Hats said:
I hadn't planned on having more of these fedoras made but if there's enough interest in them I can look into it. It would probably take a couple months to get them made. Anybody else interested?

Aaron

Aaron,

I am interested. Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Barry

Aaron Hats

Vendor
BuddyJ said:
The only thing holding me back is that I don't know if that size brim and crown would compliment my narrow face.

No matter what you buy be sure to review the return policy. With us, you have plenty of time to try it on for a couple days and return/exchange it for a full refund (minus shipping charges).

playitagainsam said:
Do you know if any left in 7 1/4? If not, any suggestions for an alternative?

We only have the few sizes listed on each hat. A taller crown can be a touch transition for new hat wearers so if you're unsure be sure to check out the other fur felt fedoras in stock. We have a lot of styles marked down right now to make room for our summer hats that are arriving almost daily.

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
Aaron Hats said:
No matter what you buy be sure to review the return policy. With us, you have plenty of time to try it on for a couple days and return/exchange it for a full refund (minus shipping charges).

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'm amazed by the commitment the sponsors/vendors here have to their community, and your shop seems to be no exception.:eusa_clap

J.B.

Practically Family
Aaron Hats said:

Aaron
Well, since you brought it up, Aaron... :)

Yes! Yes! Me! Me! Me!

I missed out last summer! I whined so loudly :cry: that my co-workers had to call the.....

waaaambulancedo5.jpg

Well, when I finally came out of the ether and saw this thread -- the size I needed had flown out the front door of your store faster than life vests on the Titanic!

And frankly, I thought I did a stellar job of mollifying the hurt by spending approximately a bazillion dollars on eBay vintage hats while in recovery?! :eek:

So anyway, if you ever do decide to reprise the Aaron/Bailey 50/50 open crown with that nifty "do" on the ribbon -- I'll definitely take one in Almond and 7 3/8ths...
emogrinyespe7.gif
Mm-kay?

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Stoney said:
Would you be able to cut the brim down to say about 2 3/16"? Also what is the rake angle on the front? Is it pretty much vertical?

I'm in the process of learning a little hat repair so in a couple months I should be able to cut the brim down if we get to that point. It isn't a completely straight crown but not a drastic angle either.

So far we have four interested in the hat. I would need at least 12 to have another go at this hat. If anybody else is interested they can post here or send me a PM.

Aaron

mingoslim

Practically Family
I think I lost out . . .

Like our friend, playitagainsam, I just ran across this thread, and wish I had seen it sooner . . . The hat looks terrific, and I would love to add one to my regular rotation, but it appears you no longer have them in stock in my size (7 3/8) in Almond . . . Any chance you will be offering more any time soon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran