Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What a hat from Aaron's...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Aaron Hats said:
It is with great regret that I have to cancel the orders for the 50/50 fedora. This past Tuesday I was told by a rep at Bailey that they could make this hat for us again with no problem. Today when I called to find out about larger sizes and other colors I was told by this same person that only the black color was available. When I asked what changed in the last two days she said that it sometimes takes a while to hear back from the production manager. From this, I gathered that the answer she gave me on Tuesday was one she made up without talking with the production manager. This is no excuse as I should have talked to the manager myself instead of relying on a customer service rep.

I've already contacted those on the list but felt I should also mention it here and eat some crow.

My sincerest apologies.

Aaron

Hold on... I'll take a black one... Who else wants a nice black fedora ?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Hey, nothing lost for trying on our end. I just feel bad that you put effort into something and then had it all fall apart. They never should have been that far out of sinc! Shame on them, and thank you for thinking of us.
NB

playitagainsam

New in Town
I second that. I had the opportunity to talk to Aaron on the phone today and he couldn't have been more helpful. Thanks again Aaron!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Ouch.

I was just catching up on this thread and read that we were on. Yay!

Then I continued reading and found out we were off. Aaaaww!

Anything comparable or in some way similar on the horizon, Aaron? Do other hat manufacturers ever raid their felt museums for vintage 50/50?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Ther are other hats on the market that are made of beaver , but the Bailey was the nicest one. Biltmore has one , but the company is in bad shape right now so they arent producing anything. Stetson has their "all beaver" hat that looks like the Temple but the price is higher. Then of course , there is the Borsalino 100% beaver hat. They are very nice, but at 425.00 it is in another price point.

Steven
www.bencraft.com

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Steven's right. There are other hats of beaver but not at this price point.

Looks like I'll have to start making my own hats. Now all I need is a Singer 107, a sandbagger and about 50 blocks and flanges. :D

YARVTON

New in Town
The Hat that got Away

I do hope to be forgiven for resurrecting this, but I am so very much in love with this hat! Aaron, I know it's been a while, but is there any chance for another run -- or even another special-edition exclusive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran