Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Adele

One of the Regulars
In only going back a couple pages (I literally could spend days complimenting everyone I wish to compliment on their attire and such)...

Nick D - Belated congratulations on the MA degree! That is just wonderful!!

mike - I really like your Jonathan Richard Irish Tweed cap.

MissHannah - What can I say, looking lovely as always! Great suit.

Dinerman - I may not know, anything, really, about suits, but wow, that 1933 three-piece...

Laura Chase - Those Chle Mihara shoes are so cute!! Also, can we see a close up of the stockings? They sound neat!

On a side note: I like your avatar photo! Beautiful gal, you are indeed (I hope this doesn't sound creepy)!

Warbaby - I agree with Scotrace.

Slim Portly - Looking great as always.

Now, I haven't really dressed up lately - I could blame the hectic schedule that seems to have now eased, but I feel like that would be an excuse. This is my second time somewhat dressing up (well, the first one was better, definitely dressed up, but I didn't take photographs) - it was for an event a friend of mine was hosting (attire was suppose to be dressy casual) - I normally would have worn black pumps as I like things to match, but this time I decided to wear my red heels instead:

I lightened the image so the buttons could be seen:
Top.jpg

Skirt.jpg

I did not get a chance to curl my hair the night before thus:
EarringsandSnood.jpg

On a neat note, those earrings are from my childhood years. Not exactly vintage, but not that new either. :)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Adele - La perfection dans la simplicité! Such exquisite details. The edging at the hem of your skirt, the clasp at the top of your blouse. Some of us could take lessons. Brava!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Slim - your 'tache is looking especially spectacular at the moment :)

Here is my Xmas work party outfit (I felt like a young Princess Margaret all night!)

XmasPartyoutfit1.jpg

XmasPartyHair2.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Last night at a solstice party

IMG_0351-1.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0367-1.jpg

IMG_0374-1.jpg

1933 Kling Bros 3 Piece
'60s gray german army overcoat
black cowboy boots
early '30s Mallory homburg
'30s black polkadot tie
'40s white shirt
Doxa wristwatch

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks! I'm really happy with that one, and glad I can wear it comfortably now.

I'm back home in Maryland over break, but its just as nippy here. It was in the low 20s yesterday evening.

My dad's been wearing this '40s leather jacket I gave him quite a bit since I got back.
IMG_0631.jpg

THe Conductor

One of the Regulars
Nick D said:
Went to London to see Hamlet at the Novello on Thursday. Wore my favorite brown 3 piece, a collarless shirt I just finished and a vintage collar, bowtie, and homburg. This is outside a little cafe near the theatre.

I must say that the bow tie is an under appreciated tie. You wear it well.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
CP and Bugsy- Thanks, it turned out quite well. I've got another pair of trousers and another shirt in the works right now.

Slim- It was quite a show, Patrick Stewart was amazing to see in person. We went to the after-show talk, too.

Seth- Those two are the only bows I have right now, but I like them and have been keeping an eye out for more.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Slim- It was quite a show, Patrick Stewart was amazing to see in person. We went to the after-show talk, too.
You would not believe the shade of green that I just turned. Envy is a rare feeling for me, so I hope I wear it well.

Josephine

One Too Many
Nick D said:

I had heard David Tennant was out until the 5th of Jan because of his back surgery; is this correct? I also heard that the understudy is great.

Starius

Practically Family
DSC_4967s.jpg

Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house I went. And it was the perfect occasion to wear my new Swiss Wool Military jacket. Though, not the best view of it in particular.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
1947 issue trews
'40s white shirt
'30s maroon tie
vintage paris maroon stripe braces
chicago worlds fair collar bar

IMG_0692.jpg

Dinerman, I wore a very similar collection of clothing today. No pics, sadly.

Looks good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ