Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your unreleased dvd wants?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'd settle for a bootleg copy of "Sergeants 3" on VHS. It's an unreleased rat pack film set as a western - and it's really a spinoff of "Gunga Din".

TM

A-List Customer
Getting back to Blade Runner for a minute, the version I'd like to see again is the one I saw prior to the films release. In that version the film ended with the elevator doors slamming shut and then just a credit roll. None of that idiotic "road trip".

Other films I'd like to see on DVD include: "The Commedians", the Graham Greene film with Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor; and "The Black Cat" with Boris Karlof & Bela Legosi.

Tony

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The rest of GI Joe (after season 2 pt 1) since Sony aquired the rights from Rhino entertainment.

Also Gargoyles season 2 pt 2, and the rest.

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, all 50+ Un-edited episodes.

Oh, and the entire series of Daria.

Sigh, a girl can dream.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Have you all checked the UK Amazon

Often they have many releases (region 2 mind you) of films/ tv shows/ etc that have not been or had crappy releases in the US. Ive found quite a few things there.

LD

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
TM said:
"The Black Cat" with Boris Karlof & Bela Legosi.
Tony

The Black Cat is available now as part of the Bela Lugosi set:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009X770E/imdb-adbox/

BLACK%20CAT%20%231big.jpeg

Cobden

Practically Family
I Was Monty's Double (a lovely British War Movie based on a true story, with Monty's real double playing monty's double!)

Fail-Safe (released on US DVD region whatsit, but not here in the UK. Love this movie, but the best I can get over here is the horrible George Clooney remake. Not a patch on the original)

penfencer

Familiar Face
Every time I enter the dvd section I check for Orson Welles' masterpiece The Magnificent Ambersons. I have it on tape but I'm dying to see it on dvd.

TM

A-List Customer
Ah yes, Zabriskie Point!

Mark: Would you like to go with me?
Daria: Where?
Mark: Wherever I'm going.
Daria: Are you really asking?
Mark: Is that your real answer?

Tony

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Gallant Sons (1940) with a still young Jackie Cooper

Between Two Worlds (1944) with John Garfield and he doesn't even have a photo on IMDB!

Escape (1940)

Death Takes a Holiday (1934)

The Hollywood Revue of 1929 (the date is odvious)

The Hollywood Canteen (1944), they released Stage Door Canteen, why can't they do the same for the Hollywood Canteen?!

All Fall Down (1962), we were still in the 50's then.

Skateboard: The Movie (1978), I once was on a renting streak for skateboard videos and came across this movie. I bought a used copy on VHS, but I wouldn't mind having one on DVD. This was the only film about skateboarding up until a recent movie.

The Major and the Minor (1942), I didn't see any reason why it shouldn't be released!

The Tarnished Angels (1958), this was the first movie I saw with Rock Hudson, and I had never heard of Dorothy Malone. I think she was underappreciated during that time. But it takes place after World War I.

The Royal Rodeo (1939) As much as this movie is rather cheesy, I enjoyed it because it was a child's fantasy, and because Cliff Edwards himself is casted in it. :)

A Child is Waiting (1963) With Burt Lancaster and an older Judy Garland, you can bet this movie is going to be something good. It's a very powerful film, at least it was to me. I don't see why it would be difficult to release it.

What Price Hollywood? (1932) Really the only reason I wouldn't mind owning this movie is because the Brown Derby is featured in it, and I can imagine a couple times.

Ramona (1910), though I haven't even seen this movie, but read about it, because part of the film is shot on location at a certain inn called The Heritage Valley Inn in Piru, CA, near Fillmore. It was directed by D.W. Griffith and he and Mary Pickford both stayed at this inn, as so did I. I wouldn't mind seeing how it looked in the early 1900's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24