What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by indycop, Jan 14, 2008.

1. The Montecarlo is sort of a lancero size at 6 1/4" x 33 ring guage. You need to try a box. ;) :p
    Did they picture you in that hat with the blue shirt and tie combo? :D You Cigar Snob you. ;)

2. Good. You only live once. Enjoy it I say. :D

3. Oh and last night was a Partagas Serie D No. 4.
    [​IMG]
    I finally got some more in. The cigar burns nearly dead straight and will hang a 2" ash easily time after time. The draw was what I consider perfect. Not breezy but easy. :D Probably one of the quintessential robustos in all of the world. It starts out as a spice bomb and settles down into woodsy sweet spice and builds up in power. It finishes with complex flavors that are balanced and lightly spicy. I can't say enough for this one. It is enough to say that I smoked it until there was nearly no more. :p [huh]
    Paired with a Feckin Irish Whisky, it was a perfect after dinner smoke.
    I am a happy camper. What can I say? ;)

4. rkwilker

rkwilker One Too Many

Rocky Patel Vintage 92 Churchill

5. Mr. Paladin

Mr. Paladin My Mail is Forwarded Here

James, those are indeed superb cigars. Several years ago, I obtained a box and loved every one of them. You gotta be a happy camper with those smokes and a great Irish whiskey. Very good eval on the "D", by the way. :)

Last night I had a Padilla Hybrid.

6. I see you have tried a few and know the D designation. ;) They are indeed good. My brother-in-law started me on them. Of course a free cigar is always better tasting but this transcends that. ;) :p
    Have you tried that brand of whisky? Its great for the price. I am sure it will go up now that the cat is out of the bag. :rolleyes:
    What is a Padilla Hybrid?

7. indycop

indycop I'll Lock Up

Campdraft, no tie.:p :D

8. You can't be a Snob without a tie or an ascot! ;) :p
    Mr. Howell voice: "You can't pull the wool over my eyes." Cashmere yes but certainly not wool!"

9. indycop

indycop I'll Lock Up

:eusa_doh: lol

10. JJWord

JJWord Familiar Face

Drew Estates Kahlua, grabbed a tin of their cigarillo sized ones while I still could. Also grabbed one of their new Tabak Especial's in Negro to see how the replacement ranks with the old Kahluas.

11. Kid Mac

Kid Mac Practically Family

Dunhill Standard Mixture in a Schulte's amber-stemmed billiard.

Mac

12. Kermez

Kermez A-List Customer

Arturo Fuente Flor-Fina 8-5-8 maduro.

13. Mr. Paladin

I have had the Feckin Irish (what a name :rolleyes: ) and it is good. I prefer John Powers to all the other Irish whiskeys because I think it has the classic copper pot still taste with the oily perfume that makes Irish so nice.

A Padilla Hybrid is made by Ernesto Padilla and is one of his lower priced cigars. I seldom smoke an expensive one at work because there is too much chance of having to toss it for a call. I get them from CI or Cigarbid.com. Nothing fancy; just a good straightforward tobacco taste with a good burn and lots of smoke.

Last night I had a La Viejo Habana "Leather Patch" torpedo. Got a five pack reasonably on a bid. Not bad-not great.

14. spiridon

spiridon A-List Customer

El Original Toro with a rich cup of pressed coffee while watching the rain fall.:D

15. rkwilker

rkwilker One Too Many

Fuente Hemingway Classic maduro.

16. It is quite a name but it makes ordering it in an Irish Pub quite interesting. ;) :p Powers is also decent. I am glad you like my namesake. :p
    Last night was another Montecarlo. I might be getting in a Indy rut. :rolleyes: :p

17. indycop

indycop I'll Lock Up

:eek: :eek: :eek: :p :p

At work, CAO Brazilia.:D

18. indycop

indycop I'll Lock Up

Tonight an RP vintage 1999. :D

19. Kermez

Kermez A-List Customer

Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill No.2

20. Mr. Paladin