Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you dream about last night?

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
I was browsing a thread earlier today which got me thinking about dreams. I'm not referring to daydreams, but the actual dreams you dream when you put your head down on the pillow at night.

Most of mine are hard to remember the next day, but some are very memorable. Anyway, last night I dreamed . . .

. . . that I could fly. No special occasion, but I could take off and fly just by jumping into the air. Felt good! I wonder what, if anything, that means?

Pompidou

One Too Many
As the stress of a nearly opened new business really sets in, with unfamiliar tax, legal and administrative issues coming left and right, along with some financial issues that are complicating the equity/loan-app front, all my memorable dreams for the last month have been worst case scenarios, and last night was no exception. I want to say I was in court for being 20 days late on some LLC business entity tax.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Last night's dream...

I was trying for a job at a local grocery store. I had to take a test - match the events listed to the movies/books they came from.

That was the halfway sensible part...

I have incredibly vivid dreams. Always have. I still remember dreams from years ago...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I was wringing a kitchen mop in a pail. Over and over and over again. Slosh slosh splatter trickle trickle trickle splatter.

And then I suddenly woke up and felt an urgent call.

The most interesting dream I ever had found me in a tumbrel being wheeled to the guillotine. My crime? Arguing that "Monsieur Verdoux" is a genuinely funny film.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The most interesting dream I ever had found me in a tumbrel being wheeled to the guillotine. My crime? Arguing that "Monsieur Verdoux" is a genuinely funny film.

LOL

One of my most vivid dreams was set in World War II (go figure). I was liberating a concentration camp. But the weird part was that at the end of my dream, the credits rolled, just like a movie!

The wierdest dream I ever had was, I went into a Japanese Teahouse and when I went to go be seated I saw all these people runnig over trying to take my shoes. I jump up run over to stop them, they are all very polite and smiling and they are speaking Japanese. Problem I do not speak Japanese except for a few words here and there. I know the language when I hear it spoken. They insist that I leave my shoes with them and as I turn to walk away they begin to pickup my shoes and run away with them again. The whole thing started over again It was just too wired. Now I have had this dream a few times over the years I do not understand it.

Shortly before my mom died last year I dreamed that I was at my grandparents' (her parents') old house in L.A. I walked in through the kitchen door at the side of the house like we always did when visiting. Inside, the house looked exactly as it did when my grandparents lived there right down to my grandfather's fishing trophies in the dining room. And then to my surprise, I saw my mom standing there looking very much like her former self before she was stricken with Alzheimers -- there was nobody else in the house.

I can't remember if it was something she told me in the dream or whether it was something that I sensed, but it seemed as if the reason she was there was because she was waiting for somebody -- though it wasn't me she was waiting for.

I should point out that at the time her condition was such that we knew that the end was near. Now this may sound silly but I think -- or at least I'd like to think -- that my mom was waiting for her father (he died in 1976) to come and take her to the "Other Side", as it were. I remember they were very close. She was Daddy's Girl.

Last edited:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
^^^^
That reminds me, about a week after my mother died, (she was only 55, cancer) I woke up (although I think I was half asleep/dreaming) & I had a really strong sense that she was in the room with me. Infact what woke me up was that I could actually smell her (well, her perfume, which I never wear). It was an extraordinary experience.

I don't believe in ghosts or the afterlife, so I'm sure I was in a half awake/half asleep state.

rue

Your dream made me cry V.C....... My grandfather (that was more like a dad to me) had Alzheimers and Parkinsons and I've had odd dreams that were a bit like that. You don't sound silly at all and in fact I think it was meant to comfort you.

rue

Okay.... waving hands at face and trying not to be a thread killer.....

I have a recurring dream that I go blind. I'll be walking along doing everyday things and all of a sudden I can't see anything. I've been having this dream for about 20 years off and on and I have no ideas what it means [huh]

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars

I have a recurring dream that I go blind. I'll be walking along doing everyday things and all of a sudden I can't see anything. I've been having this dream for about 20 years off and on and I have no ideas what it means [huh]

Hmmm. Do you regain your sight at the end of the dream?

I have had a similar one, off and on for many years, where I am trying to scream, but nothing comes out. Or, sometimes I have a dream where I am trying to run, but my legs just won't move. Very bizarre. I wonder what that means.

Tatum

Practically Family

I'll just help kill the thread further... ;)

Rue, I know how you feel! I have had choking dreams for years. Sometimes I won't have one for months, and sometimes most nights for a week. I wake up really freaked out.

Last night I had a pleasant/odd/funny one: walking the beach with Hubby, but he was all worried about the Wolfman getting us. (We watched Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein the other night, I imagine that is where this came from.) I kept telling him not to worry, it was a new moon and that Lon Chaney Jr. wouldn't want to eat us anyway!

rue

Hmmm. Do you regain your sight at the end of the dream?
No, when I go blind, I'll suddenly wake up in a cold sweat. Very weird......

Rue, I know how you feel! I have had choking dreams for years. Sometimes I won't have one for months, and sometimes most nights for a week. I wake up really freaked out.

Last night I had a pleasant/odd/funny one: walking the beach with Hubby, but he was all worried about the Wolfman getting us. (We watched Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein the other night, I imagine that is where this came from.) I kept telling him not to worry, it was a new moon and that Lon Chaney Jr. wouldn't want to eat us anyway!

That would freak me out too :eeek:

lol I dream about movie stuff too after I watch them, isn't that odd?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

Rue and Tatum,

I too have similar disturbing dreams, often recurring ones of losing my teeth in painful ways (ouch) and a few dreams of my face being burned in a fire. Maybe it's stress? I rarely remember the good dreams, sadly. I've also had night terrors before too...every time I try to call out for help I have no voice.

Here's hoping to some good dreams tonight!
X
BD

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Whether for better or worse, I generally don't even remember my dreams/nightmares. I just forget them within five to ten seconds of waking up, most of the time. Whenever I do remember my dreams though, they're always strange and make little sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot