Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Want To Be When You Grew Up?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I wanted to be in the Army, and a writer.

And I wanted to have a farm with animals, at least until this city girl learned that cows and horses are completely TERRIFYING. A cow scared the heck out of me when I was six, because I was expecting a cute little "moo?" and it made a foghorn noise.:eek: :(

So then I wanted a farm with only small animals such as chickens and rabbits and dogs and cats, and that holds true even to today. lol

Viola

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
When I was in second grade we once had the assignment to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a picture of myself as an archeologist! With a pith helmet on to boot!

When I was a kid I used to like to draw advertisements. I should have taken that as a sign to go into graphic design--something I still would like to do.

Also, I liked making costumes and thought it would be grand to become a fashion designer. Sigh!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jack Scorpion said:
I wanted to be a writer since the 7th grade.
Before that, I wanted to be a Professional Baseball Player.
Nothing really changes -- but I haven't grown up yet, just given up.

Aww, dont say that! IF its a dream, no matter how silly (um hello, I wanted to be a fairy) you can still do it. If writing is your passion, and youre good at it, then go for it!

LD

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Aww, dont say that! IF its a dream, no matter how silly (um hello, I wanted to be a fairy) you can still do it. If writing is your passion, and youre good at it, then go for it!

LD

Okay, so I lied.

Actually: I am in the process of growing up and giving up, but both lack finality. Happy?

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
My high school graduation speaker said...

... decide what you want to be, write it down (in big letters), and tape it to the mirror in your bedroom. That way you'll be reminded daily about your goal. I wrote "United States Senator" and was on my way to that until I worked for one for six years. I got over my political aspirations within six months after watching "Frosty" go to and do things that I wouldn't ever want to go to or do.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
oh my, lots of things

I remember wanting to be a florist... I remember sewing scraps together and wanting to be a clothing designer...I wanted to be an actress or model as a teen...then an archeologist after a visit to Williamsburg...

got a degree in American history...didn't know what to do with it, so I went on to law school...

finally became an attorney... when I grow up someday, I think I'd like to be a millionaire philanthropist.

Honey Doll

Air Boss

Familiar Face
I wanted to be a US Senator like James Stewart in Mr. Smith. Somewhere about 5th grade I realized I didn't have the money to do that so I thought I would be a teacher. In high school I realized I couldn't afford college so I went into the Army. I thought I woukld do 4 years service and then go to school (this was before Reagan eliminated the original GI Bill). As it turned out I loved the service and made a career out of it.

Steve

Practically Family
When I was really young, I bounced back and forth. Fireman one week, astronomer the next, archaeologist after that. Now, I would love to make my living as a writer or photographer.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Braxton36 said:
I started out wanting to be a doctor or a chemist (too many Madame Currie and Louis Pasteur biographies).
So there's someone else who thought like me...only, I did manage to keep it and get an MD (I loved science in general, and chemistry and biology in particular throughout school), and am now a clinician but not enough into research to cop me a Nobel prize in medicine/chemistry.lol lol

up196

A-List Customer
I wanted to be . . .

a LUMBERJACK !

Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia!

The giant redwood, the larch, the fir, the mighty scots pine. The smell of fresh-cut timber! The crash of mighty trees!

With my best girlie by my side . . .

Lumberjack_Song.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav