Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you keep your makeup in at home.

P

Paul

I read the post about travelling cases which is self explanatory.
I was thinking about at home, are their cases for storing makeup, brushes sponge etc
As the little I have is at present in a small drawer and the different bottle, containers gets all mixed up and in a mess.
I have see ones like this (Below) in shops but apart from they might have the wrong shades in the set , hard to refill and not the best makeup available they would make things remain neat and tidy!.
makup.jpg

It is NOT VERY VINTAGE.
Is there a trick too storing makeup so you can see what you have and yet remain neat and tidy.

I looking for a practical solution that looks more vintage than 2006/7 which can hold everything and stored away any ideas are welcome

Nashoba

One Too Many
Honestly I'm terrible and have most things just thrown in a drawer or out on the counter. My grandmother though has this great vanity table / Cabinet that my grandfather made for her in the 50's sometime. The top lifts up and inside she has separated compartments with holders for everything from her lipstick to her brushes. It's really nice, I'm hoping to inherit it someday :)
Nash

P

Paul

Nashoba said:
Honestly I'm terrible and have most things just thrown in a drawer or out on the counter.
Nash

That's what I am like at the present, a vanity table sound good!:eusa_clap (a little large for me) LOL

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I suspect just throwing stuff into a drawer is pretty darn vintage -- I remember that's what my grandmother used to do!

I have an old '30s vanity that was abandoned by a previous tenant in an apartment where I used to live -- it's pretty beat up, but the drawers are good and deep, and I have no idea what's down at the bottom of them!

Elaina

One Too Many
I use the old vanities too. Don't have a stool, so my sewing chair gets dragged all over the place.

Although currently, the vanity doesn't do me any good. I can't wear my contacts for another 2 months, and I certainly can't see that far to use the mirror that goes along with it.

I have a vintage Chanel tin I got in London or Paris that the makeup I use is tossed in, and that usually gets stored in a treadle drawer, with all my other junk no one is allowed to touch.

Elaina

Rosie

One Too Many

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have a vanity, but admittedly I use it mostly for storing things in rather than using. It's getting overrun with my perfume bottles and costume jewelry at the moment.

My makeup is also thrown in a drawer in the bathroom. My brushes are on the counter in a little ceramic cup thing, and some of my glass bottles, like foundation and other goodies are on a little glass tray. I have another wooden tray where I throw the jewelry I have just worn (which is also overflowing) and a little glass cannister for bobby pins when I take them off (and it's luck if they actually make it in there) lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My vanity, passed down from my Granny Rae, which was passed down to her from her Grandmother, who purchased it in the late 1800's, is now a computer desk in my living room. I know, it's horrible, but I was in need of something small to put my desktop on, and this was the only thing that fit against the wall.
As for my make-up, I've got it organized in a few different cases. It used to be placed in a kit based on color, but now it's all jumbled up. I'm in definite need of a straightening up. However, I do keep my Besame make-up in it's seperate case. It's a pretty burgundy case with a space for all of my brushes and a pouch where I keep the compact that contains shadow and face powder.
You ladies are sure giving me motivation to clean up my bathroom. Hemingway Jones is lucky that he has his own bathroom, for their wouldn't be any room for any of his stuff if we had to share one.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
My everyday makeup is kept in a small clear vinyl bag so I can grab it and go at a moment's notice. That's a leftover habit from being an on-call singing telegram performer.

The rest of my makeup is kept in a small plastic Rubbermaid tub in the bathroom cabinet.

I would love to have an antique vanity!

--Leslie

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I have a clear plastic organizer that fits in the bathroom drawer for all the cosmetic necessities, but it does get over run with me throwing anything miscellaneous in there, hair pins, nail polish, tweezers etc. I try to straighten it up every time I clean the bathroom.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a desk that is half vanity, half study area.
vanity.jpg

total mess, but i can see where everything is this way. i keep my hair flowers in one of the tins on the upper left, my nail polish etc in another, my hair pins and barrettes in another, and cotton balls in the fourth!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
For storing make-up, I use a drawer to keep all my stuff. Right now it's not all that organized though sometime this week, I need to go shopping for something so that everything will have it's own place (it's sort of driving me crazy right now :) ) The ultimate would be a vanity...I've always loved the look of them.

Rosie

One Too Many
Lauren Henline said:
a little glass cannister for bobby pins when I take them off (and it's luck if they actually make it in there) lol

I know this is off topic but what in the world is it with bobby pins? lol Whenever I sweep, like every other day, I find LOADS of them on the floors. And about every three months, I have to buy new ones because I've lost them all, they don't even turn up in the sweeping.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Yup, that's one of the great mysteries of life -- just where *do* all those bobby pins go? (Maybe the same place hankies and socks go?) My cat enjoys chasing around loose pins that have fallen on the floor, but I don't know what she does with them after she catches them. Probably don't want to know, either.

I keep mine in an empty Coty Airspun powder box, which is just the right size to hold a whole card-full of them. But somehow they still manage to disappear.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I guess I have more stuff than everyone else. I have 2 bathroom cabinets full of stuff plus a cheapo old plastic salon cart in the other room. Much of this is hair products (I'm a junkie), hair styling equipment, vintage makeup (for reference), and makeup, makeup, makeup. Most of which I almost never wear anymore. Go figure.

I should have been a makeup artist. Then at least I'd have an excuse for owning all this junk.

I'd love to get a streamline metal salon cart--they are bigger too.

Plus nail polish is currently creeping back to the computer desk.

The perfume collection (both vintage and modern) is taking over too.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Plus nail polish is currently creeping back to the computer desk.

I always do my nails at my computer desk--I think I have about five bottles sitting there right now. I always put it away, and then almost immediately drag it out again :)

I also keep most of my brushes in a vintage spooner that sits on the sink.

P

Paul

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I have a desk that is half vanity, half study area.
vanity.jpg

total mess, but i can see where everything is this way. i keep my hair flowers in one of the tins on the upper left, my nail polish etc in another, my hair pins and barrettes in another, and cotton balls in the fourth!

Look as if you can just put your hand on what ever you need I like it:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24