Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this one?

android

One of the Regulars
This hat has been nothing but trouble. I bought it from Casey (Never Again) Dazell. I gave very specific instructions on the size and blocking that he completely ignored.

I took it to Texas Hatters and they let it sit in the back room and get filthy with lacquer and felt dust. I took it away from them and gave it to Peters Bros in Ft. Worth.

They sewed in a sweatband and did some pretty rough blocking on it. They did OK work, but not really precise and crisp like Art or Graham.

I've since touched it up with the tea kettle and think it's a bearable, but not great, hat.

43504432.jpg

43504431.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
SEND IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Its pretty bad!! I would send it back and ask for a refund. If you charged it all your credit card company will need is your tracking number and Insurance number.

If you don't let these vendors know you aren't happy this kind of service will just continue. He says on his site money back no questions asked.

http://panamahatsdirect.com/Images/Buttons/Gurarenteed.gif I ordered one from him before I found Panamabob and it came in wrong and not worth the $500.00 I had paid for it. So I sent it back. he didn't like it but I didn't write on his web site " Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed ", He did!!
Regards,

Sharpey

android

One of the Regulars
I can't send it back to Casey after what TX Hatters did to it.

I'm just trying to salvage it. It's only a $200 hat, so I'm going to use it as a lake and boat hat.

Now that I know about Panama Bob, I don't expect to have these problems any more.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Spend no more.

:) Ok! I see , I don't think I would invest anymore into it. A basic block from Art is $35.00 plus $10.00 postage. So after you mail it you have spent another $50.00. I'd just wear it like you just said!!

Save the money and put it in the weave of a new Montecristi from Robert Weber. :)

Sharpey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner