Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What exacly makes a Pendleton?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s jacket unique from just a plade jacket?

Mycroft

One Too Many
What exacly makes a Pendleton’s jacket unique from just a plade jacket?

What exacly makes a Pendleton’s jacket unique from just a plade jacket, since I saw many a plade jacket on my leather jacket hunt this weekend in the high-end department stores?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Pendleton's are sought after because they are a pretty reliable brand name. What kind of jackets are you referring to? The hollywood-cut jackets? The heavy wool sports shirts?

I dunno. All I know is I can run my had over a rack of coats at a thrift store and whenever I get to a Pendleton or a MacGregor I instantly know 'that's a Pendleton or a MacGregor'. Sure enough, I check the label and there it is. The quality of both is just that, a certain quality. I suppose the material is thicker, and certainly they hold their shape better. The lining is invariably tightly stitched. I've seen enough of those adventure outlets trying to reproduce the vintage Pendletons and MacGregors but they never do get it right.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24