Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

quikrick

One Too Many
oZgAA0Z.jpg

Jonesy posts pics from beaches in Hawaii,
Best I could do is poolside from Southern California.
Wearing my Sage Stetson Pinnacle

Hi Steve... this was a trade with another lounge member. The sweatband and ribbon had been replaced by Art Fawcett. Fortunately, the original sweat was retained. To my knowledge there was no liner. The velour body is something special.
The best velours came from the continent. I was just petting a 60s/70s Velour Stingies and they were still making superior hats and finishes even during this late period. Your example is of course is incredible Alan.

Can always count on Mike to class up the Costco! Bravo Red.

Best,
Joe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Joe, I did get some looks from the general public.

Running some errands today and decided on the Stetson 5X Pawnee. One of my favorite hats.
b0ac97ccda934c91626a670f72676720.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I like that color a lot. I don't do Westerns as a rule, but this one could bring me over to the dark side!

e4a4498f80b8ef806ea814a91889545f.jpg

Borsalino marque grand luxe
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing but class Jeff! Great lines and details on this Italian beauty.

We are coming into the "envy" your summer season Fabio. Always love the Mallory.

The Wormser turns.
IMG_8741 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8737 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8744 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8749 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
11-19-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great day,
Michael
That gray has a "creamy" tone to it on my monitor. Love the brim dimensions. I do lust after your double breasted overcoat though. I have lost over 50 pounds during my pain ordeal and lost a coat size or two. Maybe, just maybe I'll find one like this as my size requirements are not so enormous. Does my hear good to see this look.

I dug out my Stetson JP Whippet today for errands. I purchased this one from the Stetson Outlet in 2017. At this time they were still "prototypes" and had not gone into full production. It is a testament to Matt Deckard and his time at Stetson. I know there is a story behind this revival of the classic Whippet, maybe he will share. The JP Whippet has all the bells and whistles of a fine hat of the past.

19Nov19 JP Whippet front 550x.jpg
19Nov19 JP Whippet side 550x.jpg
19Nov19 JP Whippet profile 550x.jpg
1Sep17 Excellent Whippet liner.jpg

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I dug out my Stetson JP Whippet today for errands. I purchased this one from the Stetson Outlet in 2017. At this time they were still "prototypes" and had not gone into full production. It is a testament to Matt Deckard and his time at Stetson. I know there is a story behind this revival of the classic Whippet, maybe he will share. The JP Whippet has all the bells and whistles of a fine hat of the past.

View attachment 196443 View attachment 196444 View attachment 196445 View attachment 196446
Very nice! This hat is really growing on me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my stetson Bantam this morning has me contemplating the origin of Bantam. Stetson Bantam is named after? (1) Small aggressive fowl. (2) Bantam providence in Java, Indonesia. (3) Short for bantamweight - a level of amateur sport typically involving children aged between 13 and 15. (4) Motorcar in 1913. (4) Bantamweight - class in boxing for boxers who weigh above 115 pounds (52.2 kg) and up to 118 pounds (53.5 kg). I suspect it "weights" in on the lightweight boxing catagory.

Advertising - Stetson Imperial Bantam Hat magazine advertising says "Lighter than air." Trademarked in 1934 (https://trademark.trademarkia.com/the-stetson-bantam-71349693.html)

Great unlined lightweight felt hat for a rainy cool morning.

i-txHZC2J-M.jpg

i-Pn3h83m-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Forum thread on Bantams - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-bantam-bar.18561/page-2)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 196443 View attachment 196444 View attachment 196445 View attachment 196446
A modern Stetson beauty, Mike.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Wearing my stetson Bantam this morning has me contemplating the origin of Bantam. Stetson Bantam is named after? (1) Small aggressive fowl. (2) Bantam providence in Java, Indonesia. (3) Short for bantamweight - a level of amateur sport typically involving children aged between 13 and 15. (4) Motorcar in 1913. (4) Bantamweight - class in boxing for boxers who weigh above 115 pounds (52.2 kg) and up to 118 pounds (53.5 kg). I suspect it "weights" in on the lightweight boxing catagory.

Advertising - Stetson Imperial Bantam Hat magazine advertising says "Lighter than air." Trademarked in 1934 (https://trademark.trademarkia.com/the-stetson-bantam-71349693.html)

i-txHZC2J-M.jpg

i-Pn3h83m-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Forum thread on Bantams - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-bantam-bar.18561/page-2)

What a beauty.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

i-txHZC2J-M.jpg

i-Pn3h83m-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Bantam weight Eric, but it sure packs a punch. Great looking Stetson.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

i-txHZC2J-M.jpg

i-Pn3h83m-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Webster dictionary comes up with "a person of diminutive stature and often combative disposition." Which may be just about right for the wearer:).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk