Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
The last few days saw my Borsalino Ghiacchio and my falcon park black cherry laird.

045b1d0bce626c9f7f1c4c0635a410ad.jpg

34c4e9e55b2eb93db5d38c657dada38c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we see more of that Falcon Park ? Beautiful hat !

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Another great bowler! Excellent choice today!
Thanks Randy. I like that this one has local connection as I found a newspaper ad for the local store in a 1905 newspaper.

Michael, that is some amazing style. You always come up with an impressive ensemble, but the knickers just cinch the whole thing together. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jeff. I thrifted these old LL Bean field pants that a previous owner had cut off about mid calf. I finally got around to finishing the job of turning them into knickers a week or two ago. I'm really warming to both the look and the utility. Great on the bike.

Both your Ghiaccio and Falcon Park hat are great. The wide ribbon on the Borsalino is super and love that Falcon Park color.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
No kind of hat weather here today, but my tour of the yard was topped by this old Whippet
IMG_9000 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8996 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8995 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I'm protected in my yard, but in the open we have winds in the 20-35 mph area with gusts to 60 mph possible. Might be tough to keep a cap on.
11-27-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good one,
Michael

Wonderful old hat and ensemble today.

Do you happen to have a vintage Pocket Watch hiding in there..... ?

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
No kind of hat weather here today, but my tour of the yard was topped by this old Whippet
IMG_9000 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8996 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8995 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I'm protected in my yard, but in the open we have winds in the 20-35 mph area with gusts to 60 mph possible. Might be tough to keep a cap on.
11-27-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good one,
Michael
Very nice hat, and as always, the ensemble is fantastic.

Same here in my neck of the woods, we are under high winds warnings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
As of about 0730, this body made it once more around the sun. So I'll celebrate with my newest, a Champ Velour.

View attachment 197719 View attachment 197720 View attachment 197721 View attachment 197722

Happy Tuesday, all.
For what it's worth, the Earth moves away from the sun at a rate of 1.5 cm/yr, so in theory, those trips are taking a tad bit longer. I'll let you decide whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing. In any case, happy birthday Jim.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
3X Stetson suede finish. The brim stitching is concentric.

Dr.Max; Wow! That is a stunning example of a very unique hat. Looks sharp on you.

Catching up: My neighborhood is identified by the hue pine green. Yesterday I was wearing a pine green vintage Stetson Stratoliner. It is "Right for Traveling in Style" in my neighborhood. I have attached a vintage pin for winter wearing.

i-qkGWDvx-M.jpg

i-sqp8rrB-M.jpg

i-f3XRhz7-M.jpg

i-KkVfVcw-M.jpg

i-T5CVM5M-M.jpg

The new snow this morning had me wearing a Gannon (natural beaver felt with gills) for snow removal chores.

i-T5R2Jjz-M.jpg

My hat did not get any snow spray from the slightly wet snow until I took it off to grab a ribbon/crown pic. Doh!

i-3gFxJNV-M.jpg

Done with snow removal (for the moment). Cheers.

i-KqprbXT-M.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
There is little light for decent photography
View attachment 197826
Barbisio without any paper label to define the color of the felt and other indications usefull to know more on this hat
View attachment 197827
It is certainly a product of the Cappellificio Cervo, very beautiful outside, essentially spartan inside
View attachment 197828
Today the green color of the felt stands out very well in the gray light
View attachment 197829
Interesting the appeal of the ribbon on the brim in complete contrast with the felt and the bow. Everything fits well with my jacket :)
View attachment 197830
I thank you for your likes for the historical Barbisio that I wore yesterday for all the undecided. Repeat is still for sale;)
Have a nice day and congratulations for your wonderful hats!
Great looking hat, Daniele. And great match to the jacket. Perfect combo for some cool weather.

First day out in the new Borsalino. I wore it all day around the house Sunday and broke it in to my head good, now wearing it to work today. It has to be the most comfortable hat I own so far.

View attachment 197845

View attachment 197843
Nice hat and those boots are too cool.

Wonderful old hat and ensemble today.

Do you happen to have a vintage Pocket Watch hiding in there..... ?
Thanks Tim. Yes, my Grandfather's South Bend watch.
South Bend Pocket Watch by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It dates to 1912.

Boston Elevated Railway Button and Watch Chain by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And this chain

Very nice hat, and as always, the ensemble is fantastic.

Same here in my neck of the woods, we are under high winds warnings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Hector. Sounds like a good part of the country is under high wind warning from one storm or the other.

Thanks all,
Michael

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Tim. Yes, my Grandfather's South Bend watch.
South Bend Pocket Watch by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It dates to 1912.

Boston Elevated Railway Button and Watch Chain by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And this chain

Thanks Hector. Sounds like a good part of the country is under high wind warning from one storm or the other.

Thanks all,
Michael

Ah, thanks for sharing that watch - very cool ! I thought I spied that chain and was hoping you would show it.

Have a great day.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Catching up: My neighborhood is identified by the hue pine green. Yesterday I was wearing a pine green vintage Stetson Stratoliner. It is "Right for Traveling in Style" in my neighborhood. I have attached a vintage pin for winter wearing.

i-sqp8rrB-M.jpg

i-KkVfVcw-M.jpg

The new snow this morning had me wearing a Gannon (natural beaver felt with gills) for snow removal chores.

My hat did not get any snow spray from the slightly wet snow until I took it off to grab a ribbon/crown pic. Doh!

Done with snow removal (for the moment). Cheers.

Eric -

Beautiful color on that Strat, and great vintage Ad.

For what it's worth, the Earth moves away from the sun at a rate of 1.5 cm/yr, so in theory, those trips are taking a tad bit longer. I'll let you decide whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing. In any case, happy birthday Jim.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

And of course paradoxically, time seems to move faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran