Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tried to take pics of daughter 'n me this afternoon when church was over but they were completely blurred out.

I wore the Gannon Natural again today. Every time I pull out this hat I am just so impressed with it. The felt, the pouncing, the slate ribbon and contrasting belgian brim binding. What a hat!

File pics:
i-hZQLmcf-M.jpg
i-ZZtp8kN-M.jpg

i-bBTMj7B-M.jpg
i-D2HSRWt-M.jpg

i-FfDrkRS-M.jpg

You know I love that Gannon.

Dlaniger

Starting off with my Penman custom Steel this morning on errands. Love this hat, but my tastes have changed a bit and I'm thinking of taking this over to John to see about changing up the crown ribbon for a navy ribbon with a simple silver-blue highlight. He has come up with some cool designs for his highlights in the past several months that I really like.

i-6dtrJH4-M.jpg
i-TSmk7Ch-M.jpg

i-cL4WvwK-M.jpg
i-4CxPPDQ-M.jpg

i-C4VrhPm-M.jpg
i-ws4r5Qs-M.jpg

I would have to say that is one of the most stylish Penmen hats I have seen. Now I am not an expert on that particular hat maker's entire line, but I think it is well done, a Raider's hat with panache. The color, brim, ribbon and bow treatment look great.

Dlaniger

Love that Caxton, Stefan.

Turned into a two hat and a cap day here. I had to try the longhair Charles Knox with a new Loden Coat that came today as a gift from Wyldkarma.
DSCN5744 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5747 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The cap was my Norwegian one that I wore downtown with the new coat when I biked to the library.

Michael
Wow! Great Coat! Can't find them like that nowadays.

Tukwila

I would have to say that is one of the most stylish Penmen hats I have seen. Now I am not an expert on that particular hat maker's entire line, but I think it is well done, a Raider's hat with panache. The color, brim, ribbon and bow treatment look great.

Thanks, D.

Just a custom John and I worked out together. Lower front crown than an Indy hat, shorter 2-1/2" brim, contrasting medium grey-silver crown ribbon with 2 extra colors, navy and bright silver.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Starting off with my Penman custom Steel this morning on errands. Love this hat, but my tastes have changed a bit and I'm thinking of taking this over to John to see about changing up the crown ribbon for a navy ribbon with a simple silver-blue highlight. He has come up with some cool designs for his highlights in the past several months that I really like.

i-6dtrJH4-M.jpg
i-TSmk7Ch-M.jpg

i-cL4WvwK-M.jpg
i-4CxPPDQ-M.jpg

i-C4VrhPm-M.jpg
i-ws4r5Qs-M.jpg

That is a great hat as is Doug. But I can see how a darker ribbon would work too.

Facing a sub freezing morning in my Resistol from 1959.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good hat to keep your head warm Jay. Nice Resistol.

i-4CxPPDQ-M.jpg

I like this one, but a navy ribbon should look killer with that felt.

Out for errands in the damp, dank, cloudy drizzle of a Monday. I missed the Dobbs memo and pulled out the My Aim is True Stratoliner for my welcome to the working week.

c8ee8fd02908a4e07ab2760728f13bda.jpg

It's a good Monday, though. New hat day as I await delivery of the mystery Portis. Plus, I stopped and bought a couple donuts on the way in today. When I got to work and looked in the bag, there were three!
Not even a divorce lawyer?
Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I just love that liner on this Strat Jim. It is just wild! Perfect hat flying in the face of the Dobbs memo.

An ancient Stetson that I purchased from Justin. Has seen and continues to see good wear.
101518_1.jpg
That is one impressive old Stetson Alan! A brim that Joao would love.

This morning I wore a Gannon (charcoal with matching frayed ribbon treatment).
Back from work found me wearing a Cordova Cap to a meeting and an errand.
This afternoon I have run errands in a different Gannon (blue with charcoal trimmings).
i-zfs3CCL-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Two of my favorite Gannons Eric.

View attachment 140125 View attachment 140126 Greetings All:
Be ashamed not to post this.
So....
A Rat
A Steer
And a Horse.
Some days you just gotta go black!
B
Worked for Johnny Cash, why not you. Killer look.

Wearing my conformed Mallory The Dallas today. It was a 7 1/8. Now it's a 58.5 with a weird bump on the forehead. [emoji2]
I just tell Ignacio to leave the size tags on
Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
I really like the lines of The Dallas, great color too.

Resistol 3X conversion:
Sweet brim work on that one Brent.

Hey folks!
Brent Milan on another awesome summer-like afternoon .

b02016292a262ff9134c305b5d9e8ff7.jpg

Have a great day!