Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Phoenix:

32e514c857458e7e4b776ef7face5755.jpg

7b0e353952b7494c8d0e083742fcff06.jpg

cef7759e6e470d200437d1e9f254c83d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
An older hat, pre-1920 and perhaps early 20th century. Old 13 Star mark that I've seen in print but don't remember seeing in another hat. Fray logo sideways, lovely silver foil store imprint, off-center reed ferule and older style scalloped size sticker are all markers of age. I've owned a couple of Stetsons from this era. The felt, likely hare, is notable for its character - thin, dense and moldable in the manner we've come to love in a post-war clear beaver quality hat but here in a hat of modest price. The Stetson standard was good stuff.

121719_1.jpg

121719_2.jpg

121719_3.jpg

121719_4.jpg

121719_5.jpg

Wow, that's incredible ! The pebbled sweat is very nice.

Looks like somebody really took care of it, or hardly wore it.....

Where did you find that one ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That is one lovely hat, Stefan.

That one ticks all the boxes.

Except I know it's too small for me.
Thanks Jim. Great Stratoliner you have on today.

Worth every star!
Thanks Stefan.

Okay, Michael, where do I start? Love the hat, naturally. Super jacket, love that scarlet colour. Nice choice of contrasting/complimentary t-shirt. Love the puff on the pocket kerchief. Once again, my [emoji145]is off to you, sir.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve. The jacket is a London made Alexandre in a heavy Melton wool. The color wheel said that color combo should work, so I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Thanks all,
Michael

Wow, that's incredible ! The pebbled sweat is very nice.

Looks like somebody really took care of it, or hardly wore it.....

Where did you find that one ?

The pebble finish was a signature of The Fray sweatband treatment at this time. The few I have owned have survived in this condition - they must have worn like iron. This hat, as most of mine, was purchased on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot