Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Gannon in Powder Blue..
d80c6f8bd90682aa04a9c791b8e7b9e1.jpg
2d555795b0228b44f16c0753ca56854d.jpg

Sent from my HMA-L09 using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Wow. The Grinch plan is off the table, but I'm still lusting after that hat.
It is a nice one. Any idea on an age for it?

The Wilson hat
View attachment 202474

Sunny and quite a bit colder today.
Borsalino Gorasgu
View attachment 202475

Borsalino Gulaela
View attachment 202476
Man those Borsalino models that start with a G are nice. I don't think I've run across a brown homburg around here, in my size or any other. I guess the same could be said for a brown derby. Ha ha.

aa5616019dd2afd636743276c4383cc2.jpg

Stetson powder blue 3X mode edge

cf05ae4fbf634266bf2520ce86e7730d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a killer hat, Jeff. Love that color. And a mode edge, mid ribbon to boot.

Michael

It is a nice one. Any idea on an age for it?

Man those Borsalino models that start with a G are nice. I don't think I've run across a brown homburg around here, in my size or any other. I guess the same could be said for a brown derby. Ha ha.

That is a killer hat, Jeff. Love that color. And a mode edge, mid ribbon to boot.

Michael
Thanks, Michael. Hard to say anything with any confidence about the age of that Borsalino. I'd have to see the label first. But judging by its shape and proportions alone I'd say mid- to late fifties.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Michael. Hard to say anything with any confidence about the age of that Borsalino. I'd have to see the label first. But judging by its shape and proportions alone I'd say mid- to late fifties.
I was guessing something in the mid 50s area, but based on little evidence. Here is the label

IMG_0069 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Excellent all around [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Hector. This might be my favorite OR, from my small stable.

Thanks all,
Michael

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I was guessing something in the mid 50s area, but based on little evidence. Here is the label

Thanks all,
Michael
Stetson can only dream having this type of felt on their modern lineup. Mine is with Mr. Gibson getting some love and tenderness. The sweatband needed some small repairs. One of my favorite hats also[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks for posting that, Micheal. Based on the label it's earlier than that: these labels first appear before WWII and were used until 1953. The model Idorsca we have seen before, but the colour Toscano is a first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy