Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Agnoulita:

69549323d8d2bd7e9bf7f7500de7c9e6.jpg

7077ffa4fdc9b7720e65e933a6c6ef2f.jpg

fbaa3f52d90e87a9b8e8d393dfd4a418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Had to change hats midday as I finished my preliminary refurb on this Knox Twenty
IMG_0431 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0428 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0433 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0434 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0449 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0447 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0437 crop - Copy by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good afternoon,
Michael

Looking good Michael, great work on the refurb. Very nice color.

Had to change hats midday as I finished my preliminary refurb on this Knox Twenty

Have a good afternoon,
Michael
Looks great Michael

Best,
Joe

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Another cold day with fog in the morning and mid-day sun
View attachment 204789
Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 US. It comes from the great discovery in the Mathias Hutter - Merano hats shop
View attachment 204790
There is no interesting indication on the paper label which, being modern, only shows numbers. It is probably a hat produced between the late nineties and the beginning of the new millennium
View attachment 204791
This Borsalino is the testimony of how the Italian production has been excellent until very recently. I could also say that I would still like to meet this quality in our today production
View attachment 204792
The hat has the peculiar characteristics of the Borsalino for the "winter".
Silver gray felt finished with very thick short hair, matching ribbon and raw brim, there is also the wind cord, very rare for the models sold in Italy
View attachment 204793
Don't mind my old blue fleece, it's a remnant of my equipment when I had to photograph in the winter

I want to give you my warmest congratulations, dear fellows loungers, these days yours highest quality hats have shown themselves in their magnificence:)

Super jealous!!!!!!
Awesome fedora, Daniele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 204789
Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 US. It comes from the great discovery in the Mathias Hutter - Merano hats shop
View attachment 204790
There is no interesting indication on the paper label which, being modern, only shows numbers. It is probably a hat produced between the late nineties and the beginning of the new millennium
View attachment 204791
This Borsalino is the testimony of how the Italian production has been excellent until very recently. I could also say that I would still like to meet this quality in our today production
View attachment 204792
Silver gray felt finished with very thick short hair, matching ribbon and raw brim, there is also the wind cord, very rare for the models sold in Italy
View attachment 204793
Don't mind my old blue fleece, it's a remnant of my equipment when I had to photograph in the winter

I want to give you my warmest congratulations, dear fellows loungers, these days yours highest quality hats have shown themselves in their magnificence:)
Beautiful Daniele

Best,
Joe

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Randall. It was one of my students a couple of years back who drew it. I walk pretty quickly, so that's what he was referring to [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Well, you must have stood still long enough for the talented artist to get a pretty good likeness of you in a characterization drawing.
I like doing those, too.
You’d be a fun project if wearing one of your more extravagant hats!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking good Michael, great work on the refurb. Very nice color.
Thanks Tim. It turned out better than I expected

Looks great Michael

Best,
Joe

This OR is perfect! I like the towering crown of your refurbed Knox, as well. Great job!

Thanks Randall. The crown is 5 3/4 open. I don't know that I made it taller, but I did take some of the taper out of the front. And also reflanged it to get some of the cup out of the brim. And I think I got maybe a quarter inch more brim, too. But mostly it was about having to shrink it from 7 3/8 to 7 and repair many popped stitches in the sweatband. I'm pretty happy with it now.

Thanks all,
Michael

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Well, you must have stood still long enough for the talented artist to get a pretty good likeness of you in a characterization drawing.
I like doing those, too.
You’d be a fun project if wearing one of your more extravagant hats!

I'd gladly pose for you, Randall [emoji4]. I've had a few students draw caricatures of me over the years. I'm half hoping to end up being a cartoon character in a comic book one day. A colleague of mine calls me Hatman, so maybe I could be a superhero [emoji6]

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Have a good afternoon,
Michael
Super refurb, Michael. Great outfit for it, too.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 204789
View attachment 204790
View attachment 204791
View attachment 204792
View attachment 204793

Precioso sombrero, Daniele.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21