Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Couldn't have said it better. I saw them live for Animals and The Wall, and then Post-Waters for Momentary Lapse of Reason. Meddle is a great one, I tend to like the older stuff better. Check out Obscured by Clouds if you haven’t. A leaser known album, as it was originally made for a movie soundtrack, but one of my favorites. Also, Gilmour Live in Gdansk is simply the best live performance I have ever heard. He plays lots of old stuff, and Echoes is just incredible with Rick Wright.

The older albums are the soundtrack of my high school years. Like a lot of people my age, Dark Side Of The Moon came first, leading me to backtrack through everything earlier. The creative experimentation is almost mind numbing.
I think it all coalesced into a music of amazing power.
Many bands seemed too lose their way, not having the same power as time went on. Not so with Pink Floyd.

Navy blue Dobbs homburg
6e78f3af3f4e2b92a2c8044673c06bee.jpg
7f73e83e9d53169c2f343ef04eb103ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Nothing like a good homburg, especially in blue. Nice one!

Thank you, Joe. Most kind.

Good thing you saved those coffin box hats from oblivion, Joe. And you do enjoy your stingies. Nice catch.

That hat has enough brim for three of my hats! As close to a sombrero as you're likely to get!

Win win!

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What to wear for HAT Day!?!

After hearing this dropped at the door that question is answered

Cavanagh Equestrian Derby.

cbf029a31f6f64f26daddf0a406260d0.plist

88ee5f8a2b4e81c6f456984efbd203d1.plist
7a8860317c2fc9fca0feccf63d93a1b3.plist
ef344eb2725650686af606676f607adc.plist
8d7fc9a6d8b14cfec88011e6e781a984.plist

Very hard like a helmet [emoji858] for protection while riding.

Lacing on the wide sweatband I assume to tighten fit

11f877fb753598ee8032fbf20fa13c2e.plist

Happy Hat Day to one and all!!

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very cool find. Don't see them all that often.

Happy National Hat Day friends, both hatted and non. For my final appointment with my hand surgeon today I brought out the big guns! This is the finest level of quality in a Italian Borsalino Lobbia (homburg) in the color, bismutto from the mid-1950s. "Qualita Extra Superiore", and it sure is. Going out in public on "my holiday" required a real statement. BTW, my hand doctor released me, all good! Now to exercise that left over limp out of my "slap foot!"

View attachment 206310 View attachment 206311 View attachment 206312 View attachment 206313 View attachment 206314
Excellent news about your hand, Mike. And just the right hat to celebrate with.

Hat day, eh. Best celebrate with something nice.
Borsalino Gorasgu had no problem with the rain
IMG_2107.jpg

neither did the Knox Twenty
IMG_2108.jpg

The Wilson hat was yesterday's choice
IMG_2106.jpg

Cannot be a coincidence that there a quite a number of Pink Floyd fans over here. Been a fan for as long as I can remember. After The Wall though their efforts were not as powerful. There just no band that comes close to albums like Meddle, Dark side of the moon, Wish you were here, Animals and The Wall in a row. Waters may be a bit of a d..k, but, man, could he write some awesome music (and lyrics). Seen the Floyd a couple of times and Gilmour and Waters too. Something to remember alright.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Hat day, eh. Best celebrate with something nice.
Borsalino Gorasgu had no problem with the rain
View attachment 206345

neither did the Knox Twenty
View attachment 206346

The Wilson hat was yesterday's choice
View attachment 206344

Cannot be a coincidence that there a quite a number of Pink Floyd fans over here. Been a fan for as long as I can remember. After The Wall though their efforts were not as powerful. There just no band that comes close to albums like Meddle, Dark side of the moon, Wish you were here, Animals and The Wall in a row. Waters may be a bit of a d..k, but, man, could he write some awesome music (and lyrics). Seen the Floyd a couple of times and Gilmour and Waters too. Something to remember alright.
That Gorasgu is truly something special, Stefan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran