What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AbbaDatDeHat, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Héctor Fernández

Héctor Fernández One Too Many

Thanks for letting me get it from you :)

BobHufford likes this.
  2. Héctor Fernández

BobHufford likes this.
  3. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Wearing my latest Western refurb project, 4X Resistol in tan. I sized up this small Western from a 6 7/8 to a 7 1/4 on a custom block by Randal Alan. The hat originally had a 4 inch brim width but I had to sacrifice that with the size up. I was able to trim it to a 3 1/2 brim, though. It also sports a new 1/2 ribbon with an OR style bow, and obviously, a new sweat. I'll have more later in the Conversion Corral...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

On the block:
    [​IMG]

Trimmed:
    [​IMG]

And completed:
    [​IMG]

Custom Block from Randal Alan:
    [​IMG]

My review for Randal Alan's block....I'm very happy with it. He nailed the profile and the measurements I wanted, perfectly.

After my wife's brother passed away in December we inherited his cat. She's become my shadow and follows me everywhere...
    [​IMG]

I'll have more later in the Conversion Corral.....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  4. Steve1857 and Wyldkarma like this.

5. Looks great, Terry. I’m hoping that your back continues to get better; we need to see more of your work around here.

Any concerns at all with that new block? Does it feel like it can take years of hard use?

Steve1857 and T Jones like this.
  6. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

steur, Bill Hughes, Hagwood and 15 others like this.
  7. Joao Encarnado

Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

That is not a native thing in Portugal...

Wyldkarma and Frunobulax like this.
  8. Shadow1948

Shadow1948 Familiar Face

1930’s Bancroft AA02C0FA-0745-4A7C-A936-58DFE35B663C.jpeg 7F2F0019-43BC-4B4D-952E-8C9DCA1305D9.jpeg D528BD2A-6003-4672-A703-453BECF19688.jpeg E342089B-20B7-4F83-AB49-307FF0565507.jpeg

steur, Bill Hughes, RBH and 17 others like this.
  9. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

Perhaps it's confined to the Red Light District?

10. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Thanks Brent. Yeah, this is actually the first conversion I've done in a while. Doing a Western refurb is much easier on me, and less work, than doing a fedora conversion. For a little while, at least, I'll be doing more Westerns and ease myself back into fedoras again. At least it's a good sign that I'm on the mend. The bad thing now is that my wife will be undergoing two separate eye surgeries within two weeks to try and save the sight in her right eye. With that second surgery she has to keep her head down for at least two weeks, and she'll have to sleep on her stomach with her head down too. It's been a rough couple of months around here at the homestead with the loss of two of her siblings last December, and now this eye surgery coming up. Oh well, the good thing is, Spring is almost here and we'll have all this stuff behind us! Things are looking up in the long-term!

As far as the block, so far, so good. It did a wonderful job for me and I'm really happy with it. I had no problem whatsoever. It seems sturdy enough and it'll definitely outlast a plastic hat shaper for sure. As far as how long I think it'll last, time will only tell, but I expect this one will last me for quite a few years to come. Randal did a great job at nailing the profile I wanted. Perfect!

11. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Ha yes.. the bleach blonde mullet was required. LOL. Thanks man!

12. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Héctor Fernández likes this.
  13. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Looking good.. very nice job Terry

T Jones likes this.
  14. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Steve1857 likes this.
  15. Héctor Fernández

Thanks buddy! I'm glad you approve, I'm too old for a figure four, lol.....

16. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

On this Mild winter morning a Stetson Twenty with Mode Edge was my fedora choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

17. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

So on the way out the door yesterday I was pleasantly surprised with a package at my door from Super fellow Lounger and all around great guy Brent @deadlyhandsome. When he told me he was going to send this hat my way.. I about fell on the floor. I’m VERY VERY grateful... for his generosity (and his large head that wouldn’t allow this one to fit him LOL)

As he and I discussed this is a special group here.. with some very generous individuals.. generous with their knowledge.. compliments... and paying hats forward from time to time.

Here is the Mac Lachlan made Rogers-Peet Company light silver grey

This is one beautiful hat with a really great feel to the felt. Takes any crease with ease! 2 3/8 Cavanagh edge brim that really hits a sweet spot for me!

9398DEA6-847F-4EAF-A078-3DFF70E0125E.jpeg E2AEBA6D-8608-4750-B5E6-A164ECA9A3B3.jpeg BEEFCE57-C4C0-43F0-8465-D3248D71C6BE.jpeg A4D13B74-3423-403D-9CD0-7CEE1E83044A.jpeg E681BCA4-7309-4071-A171-6E075E8162E1.jpeg BC1D9D08-7798-4446-A924-022F8E87BDFD.jpeg 3EA78FF5-64DB-4B03-905E-2C64A07459BA.jpeg A8655E8D-1EE1-46A2-B2F0-9A30275208A7.jpeg

Maybe I shall christen this one the Rogers Hall of Fame hat! LOL

7D04A1C5-BA07-4019-8F94-D7A98630C76E.jpeg

And if Max asks... it’s a Mac 100. LOL

Thank you again Brent!!

Attached Files:

18. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Looking ahead to spring I started to steam and block a few hats this morning. Here is a small stack of vintage Stetson Stratoliner's now ready for Spring. (Top-Bottom: Silverbelly, pine green, brown, and gray. )

[​IMG]

Eric -

steur, Bill Hughes, RBH and 22 others like this.
  19. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Thank you buddy!

Blare likes this.
  20. Héctor Fernández

Outstanding Joe!

Blare and Steve1857 like this.