Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rumad

One Too Many
I’m really not trying to bore you folks to death, but I’m in the Art whiskey again. Chilly day, and windy as heck. I hope all of ya have a most excellent weekend.
69C874CD-1B7A-4738-A90E-43E2F729F1D0.jpeg
8B98F34A-29A8-408F-B0CE-9F8549AFAF0F.jpeg

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Portis Crest in Blue today, to match the beautiful blue sky.

Ha ha, great story. I used to do that a lot with the makeup, and always picked Gene. I actually got pretty good at it. I'll have to look around and see if there are any old pictures......
Or, simply do the Simmons paint job on your face now and post a pic!!
I’m sure we’d all rather see a current version...:)

I, too, was a crazy Kiss fan for about a year of my miss spent fourteen year old youth. Had self drawn pictures of the band all over my wall. Dad wouldn’t allow the real posters.
Then reverted back to a much more docile music once I hit a mind growth spurt. :-o

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
You've become rather sedate, I believe, Randall. A man of constant sorrow some might say.

Or, simply do the Simmons paint job on your face now and post a pic!!
I’m sure we’d all rather see a current version...:)

I, too, was a crazy Kiss fan for about a year of my miss spent fourteen year old youth. Had self drawn pictures of the band all over my wall. Dad wouldn’t allow the real posters.
Then reverted back to a much more docile music once I hit a mind growth spurt. :-o

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Some days just call out for a little Yankee optimism...

022820_1.jpg

022820_2.jpg

022820_3.jpg

022820_4.jpg

022820_5.jpg
Alan, after seeing many of your superlative, antique, mint condition hats, and @AbbaDatDeHat : Bowen’s, and @Short Balding Guy : Eric’s, and others, it makes me want to ask you guys: what are your far into the future plans for these fantastic vintage hats? No doubt each of you see yourselves as curators of self procurement hattery museums. Who will take care of these beauties when the sad day, no one wants to speak of, comes?
I’m sure we would all like to hear your individual answers.

Last edited:
Alan, after seeing many of your superlative, antique, mint condition hats, and @AbbaDatDeHat : Bowen’s, and @Short Balding Guy : Eric’s, and others, it makes me want to ask you guys: what are your far into the future plans for these fantastic vintage hats? No doubt each of you see yourselves as curators of self procurement hattery museums. Who will take care of these beauties when the sad day, no one wants to speak of, comes?
I’m sure we would all like to hear your individual answers.

I’d be more interested if any of them had larger heads. :)
Now if you add Charlie @hatsRme into that group my ears start to perk up. ;)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice Champ Micheal
Thanks Joe. It's a fun hat and I like the color.

Enjoying this fuzzy velour-like chocolate brown Cavanagh in this cool breezy day here in South Florida. A really soft and comfy hat. The overwelt brim is done very nicely with tiny stitching that blends fairly well into the fuzzy felt and creates really a “poor man’s” Cavanagh edge.

View attachment 216416 View attachment 216417 View attachment 216415

and Mugsy wanted to say hi...
View attachment 216418
Very nice. My sister is down in south Florida these days and she was telling me it was very breezy and cool there. I just laughed since I was having a 25 mph wind and 25 degrees here.

Mighty nice beater there Michael.
Thanks Tim. I took the steam cleaner to it and lightened up the ring around the bash and actually got the stubborn stain out of the ribbon. That one had withstood both washing and a gas bath. Still a few small color differences in the felt, but it is getting better. It is lacking it's sweat at the moment, though, so beater it is.

Thanks,
Michael

Rumad

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112