Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Khaki and purple mood... with the vintage Chapelaria Triunfo
View attachment 229707
Great hat, Fabio. Classic style.

Very nice, perry. Black hats matter and we don't see all that many black Stetsons.

Beautiful color on that one Stefan. French week is looking very promising !
Thanks, Tim. More goodies to come for sure.

Riding out for essentials. Coordinated the best I can. Be safe y’all. View attachment 229733
Works for me. Don't drop the standards, Alan.

Thanks Stefan. Not often I'm seen in a 4" brim. But fun once and awhile.

That's a nice looking woolie, Stefan. Great colors to it.

Thanks Tim. This one showed up in a Halloween bin at my favorite vintage store a couple of years back. It was well stained, but cleaned up moderately well. After looking at a few creases in it I decided I liked this one best.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. Some woolfelts deserve their place in the limelight.

HAPPY EARTH DAY !

I did my part by planting a new Japanese Maple.

Also, inspired by @Randall Renshaw Stetson 3x Fifteen, wearing mine that was so generously gifted by @Rmccamey.

View attachment 229741

View attachment 229742

View attachment 229743

View attachment 229746

View attachment 229745
Very nice, Tim, and very kind of Randy (but he's that kind of a guy).

Champ genuine suede finish today.
IMG_3123 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3125 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Might get out for a bit of a mushroom hunt today.
IMG_3130 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
4-22-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
It may have lost its spot to the Idorsca, but still firmly in the top ten, Michael. Great outfit as well.

Day three of French week. Don't want to end up with leftovers (not a French thing to do), so a two hat day.
Tirard homburg (or 'diplomatique') in "bleu de nuit" (night blue).
IMG_2433.jpg

tirard_02.jpg
tirard_03.jpg
tirard_06.jpg

And Super Fléchet Marquis (from overwelt to raw edge to its current bound brim)
IMG_2434.jpg
flechet marq_2.jpg
flechet marq_5.jpg
flechet marquis_5.jpg
IMG_2435.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Duck your head is what I have been trained to do. I need to duck my hat! My morning jaunt found me out in in a Knox Vagabond. Lovely unlined hat that takes a crease with barely any nudging. My hat was re-creased during my jaunt thru the woods.

i-GKvxvvf-M.jpg

Post lunch escapade was done wearing my Stetson Stratoliner (cadet blue).

i-rHFrM3c-M.jpg

Home and cooling off with a spot of tea. A Monsavais Cap was comfy as I have been watching the birds at the feeders.

i-cWTxNTq-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Khaki and purple mood... with the vintage Chapelaria Triunfo
View attachment 229707

Glorious pairing. Thanks for sharing.

Love your glorious black OR!

Riding out for essentials. Coordinated the best I can. Be safe y’all. View attachment 229733

Your hat is sty'n and certainly up to the task. Back to you-be safe.

HAPPY EARTH DAY !

I did my part by planting a new Japanese Maple.

Also, inspired by @Randall Renshaw Stetson 3x Fifteen, wearing mine that was so generously gifted by @Rmccamey.

I appreciate the sculptural leaves and hues of a Japanese Maple. In my neighborhood it would have to be in a protected southern exposure with great drainage. Not going to happen for me. I will appreciate yours and others. Happy Earth Day.

Champ genuine suede finish today.
IMG_3123 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3125 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Might get out for a bit of a mushroom hunt today.
IMG_3130 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
4-22-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael

Lovely Earth Day hues.

Been teleworking, but had to drive into the office today as the software needed is not available on my remote connection. RAIN!Knox 15 for the trip:

Congrats on having the ability to telecommute. Be safe in your Knox.

Day three of French week. Don't want to end up with leftovers (not a French thing to do), so a two hat day.
View attachment 229776
View attachment 229772 View attachment 229773 View attachment 229774

View attachment 229777 View attachment 229769 View attachment 229770 View attachment 229771 View attachment 229778

I am gaining a lot more appreciation for the French skills and contribution to hats via your posts. I look forward to seeing the "French Connection." Thanks for sharing.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tuesday eagle roost update: The eagles were more visable and active this morning. I went early (before 7:30am) and without humans/dogs and other disturbng influences I got to see them hunting and adding to the ungainly structure perched very high up. On a side note, on the way home I amost yelled to the pigpens to maintain social distancing.

i-d4tdmcq-M.jpg

I will have to remind myself to carry a better camera soon so that I can get something other than small dots in a large pic background.

The local wildlife is going about a "normal" dry spring routine. Reassuring in the morning.

Eric -

Great hat, Fabio. Classic style.

Very nice, perry. Black hats matter and we don't see all that many black Stetsons.

Thanks, Tim. More goodies to come for sure.

Works for me. Don't drop the standards, Alan.

Thanks, Michael. Some woolfelts deserve their place in the limelight.

Very nice, Tim, and very kind of Randy (but he's that kind of a guy).

It may have lost its spot to the Idorsca, but still firmly in the top ten, Michael. Great outfit as well.
Thanks Stefan. I've been lucky to acquire a few black Stetsons to my collection.

I appreciate the sculptural leaves and hues of a Japanese Maple. In my neighborhood it would have to be in a protected southern exposure with great drainage. Not going to happen for me. I will appreciate yours and others. Happy Earth Day.

Lovely Earth Day hues.

I am gaining a lot more appreciation for the French skills and contribution to hats via your posts. I look forward to seeing the "French Connection." Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Eric. I like your pic of roosting Eagles. I do not see many in our area, but many hawks out and about.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Tuesday eagle roost update: The eagles were more visable and active this morning. I went early (before 7:30am) and without humans/dogs and other disturbng influences I got to see them hunting and adding to the ungainly structure perched very high up. On a side note, on the way home I amost yelled to the pigpens to maintain social distancing.

i-d4tdmcq-M.jpg

I will have to remind myself to carry a better camera soon so that I can get something other than small dots in a large pic background.

The local wildlife is going about a "normal" dry spring routine. Reassuring in the morning.

Eric -
Thanks
Amazing!!
B

Duck your head is what I have been trained to do. I need to duck my hat! My morning jaunt found me out in in a Knox Vagabond. Lovely unlined hat that takes a crease with barely any nudging. My hat was re-creased during my jaunt thru the woods.

i-GKvxvvf-M.jpg

Post lunch escapade was done wearing my Stetson Stratoliner (cadet blue).

i-rHFrM3c-M.jpg

Home and cooling off with a spot of tea. A Monsavais Cap was comfy as I have been watching the birds at the feeders.

i-cWTxNTq-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -
Incredible blue Eric

View attachment 229776
View attachment 229772 View attachment 229773 View attachment 229774

View attachment 229777 View attachment 229769 View attachment 229770 View attachment 229771 View attachment 229778
Excellent selections today Stefan

Lovely Earth Day hues.

Thanks, Eric. More good ones to come. Hope the Vagabond came away unscathed. Excellent as always.

Thanks Stefan.l. Not sure exactly what you are referring.. the stitching?
I am referring to the stitching, yes. In the pics the stitching looks very dominant, but I've been wearing a similar hat and found that even at a short distance it isn't all that noticeable anymore. "Merci" for the likes on the French contributions of today.

Stefan, Thank you! So many great French Hats from you this week! Keep them coming!
Thank you, Steve. Some more good ones on their way.

I am referring to the stitching, yes. In the pics the stitching looks very dominant, but I've been wearing a similar hat and found that even at a short distance it isn't all that noticeable anymore. "Merci" for the likes on the French contributions of today.

Gotcha.. probably not as dominant out and about.. but I still tend to be conscious of it... as it is already a much larger brim than I amused to. So that effects it too. The thread I used to replace the brim stitching is a bit thicker than the original thread that is still on the band since it was the closest in color I could find. So it is a bit thicker at the brim than on the band. That contrast actually isn’t bad to me though. When I did my first attempt I had looped the thread through the needle as I normally would so that you have two strands of thread... when I had it about half way done it was looking very Sheriff Woody from Toy Story. So I started over with a single strand all the way through. Came out much better... but surely adds to the dominance you noticed/mention I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112