Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Always enjoy the photos of your surroundings and that Resistol suits you. You wear it well. May be time for a footwear change when you wear that hat.

The first photo, is that a look back at your home where the balcony shots are taken?
Ha! Good spotting. You’re absolutely right about the footwear! I just grabbed what was sitting in the porch. If I had actually been going somewhere, I would have done better...I haven’t got anything to quite match the hat, but I have got a couple of pairs that would not look too out of place.
The photo is just a house that caught my attention as we were out walking. My house isn’t the traditional Japanese style.

RBH

Bartender
Always enjoy the photos of your surroundings and that Resistol suits you. You wear it well. May be time for a footwear change when you wear that hat.

The first photo, is that a look back at your home where the balcony shots are taken?

Looking good Shoe.

Your footwear is OK... Willie has done it for years.

9-willie-sneakers-and-bandana-06705bb3-68f4-4527-868f-9863ab542469.jpg

WILLIE-NELSON.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Did a ribbon swap on this Stratton that I converted last year, (originally it was a New York State Highway patrol hat). I opted to do this OR / Strat style thin ribbon and bow because it matched the Silverbelly color of the hat better than the one I had on it before....and much better than its original purple ribbon before I converted it.

Stratton-Thin-Ribbon-2-A.jpg

Before:
Converted-Stratton-1-A.jpg

On the block:
Converted-Stratton-4-A.jpg

As it is now:

Stratton-Thin-Ribbon-3-A.jpg

Stratton-Thin-Ribbon-4-A.jpg

Stratton-Thin-Ribbon-5-A.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Did a ribbon swap on this Stratton that I converted last year, (originally it was a New York State Highway patrol hat). I opted to do this OR / Strat style thin ribbon and bow because it matched the Silverbelly color of the hat better than the one I had on it before....and much better than its original purple ribbon before I converted it.

Before:

On the block:

As it is now:

Another great looking hat, Terry! Bow is perfect!
NY troopers actually wear that hat with purple ribbon? Hope they wear the correct footwear with it.
Size 20 pink polka dotted clown shoes! :)

(Apologies in advance to any NY patrolman who hang out here and anyone with Willie pics wearing a wide purple ribboned hat)

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
#25 Good morning, FLers!
7AC380BF-0E94-4DB3-B392-3102650AB231.jpeg

A 40s/early 50s Harry Rolnick Resistol. Been looking for this hat for a long time. Worth the wait.
4 5/8 crown as pinched. 2 7/16 hand felted edge brim. (which, is best example I’ve seen) 2 inch ribbon with a smartly executed double bow.
This Kitten Finished fedora is named “Monroe” for a reason I’d like to know, but until I find out I’ll be calling it my “Bill Monroe”. For I love Bluegrass and Bill loved hats.
4151B54E-EDFC-40FD-A4F5-5DBBC77855F0.jpeg
A0385C18-544C-46AE-8AE1-4294B0202C81.jpeg
00B1CB20-5EF7-4F75-BFCF-C83EBC5F14D7.jpeg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Another great looking hat, Terry! Bow is perfect!
NY troopers actually wear that hat with purple ribbon? Hope they wear the correct footwear with it.
Size 20 pink polka dotted clown shoes! :)

(Apologies in advance to any NY patrolman who hang out here and anyone with Willie pics wearing a wide purple ribboned hat)
Thanks buddy. Yeah, they definitely wear a silverbelly hat with a purple ribbon. There were some old pics somewhere on the Lounge with New York State Highway Patrolmen wearing those hats.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cheers. I tip my morning coffee in your direction. I was out wearing a light gray Stetson Fifteen from yesterday. I steamed and worked the hat to a big smooth open crown. A light center dent this morning and the hat looks big and tall.

i-nXZsJJL-M.jpg

A mid morning escapade in a Pendleton Board Shirt and Stetson Playboy. Feeling like a Bon Vivant.

i-GBrhNKL-M.jpg

i-3Bcp6mj-M.jpg

i-Lm8p8sH-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Cheers. I tip my morning coffee in your direction. I was out wearing a light gray Stetson Fifteen from yesterday. I steamed and worked the hat to a big smooth open crown. A light center dent this morning and the hat looks big and tall.

i-nXZsJJL-M.jpg

A mid morning escapade in a Pendleton Board Shirt and Stetson Playboy. Feeling like a Bon Vivant.

i-GBrhNKL-M.jpg

i-3Bcp6mj-M.jpg

i-Lm8p8sH-M.jpg

That Fifteen is a beaut, Eric! Great job on the steam work.
What color would you say it is?

Before:

On the block:

As it is now:

Very cool.. looks great

i-nXZsJJL-M.jpg

i-GBrhNKL-M.jpg

i-3Bcp6mj-M.jpg

i-Lm8p8sH-M.jpg

Very nice Eric

Rumad

One Too Many

i-nXZsJJL-M.jpg

i-GBrhNKL-M.jpg

i-3Bcp6mj-M.jpg

i-Lm8p8sH-M.jpg

That Fifteen is amazing

Both are excellent Stefan. I particularly like the Sools.
Thank you, Perry. It is quite the hat.

Good morning. A morning dog soiree and walkabout I was capped in a Well Dressed Head cap. This vintage wool is my favorite of all time.

i-sth9m5g-M.jpg

i-kpCNsFN-M.jpg

Home and fixing some eats (grilled chicken, peppers and onions to be added to some egg omlets). I picked a Stetson 3X Fifteen Beaver hat to wear. Inspired by the same hat in a different hue I picked them both up to make a couple of comparison pics. More in the Side By Side thread.

i-XRMWzds-M.jpg

i-Drkw2qT-M.jpg

Cheers. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -
Inspiring, Eric. Gorgeous hats. Thanks for the likes on the French hats.

That really is a striking colour, Tim. So cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic