Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rumad

One Too Many
View attachment 232738
It is useless to tell you that I follow you almost every day, you know that we share the same passion for hats.
How needless to tell you that I know this is the wrong place to put a cap and not a hat
Today is the first day of half freedom and I celebrated it by spending my morning at the dentist :(
Hopefully better tomorrow
It’s good to see you at all. Enjoy your freedom!

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 232738
It is useless to tell you that I follow you almost every day, you know that we share the same passion for hats.
How needless to tell you that I know this is the wrong place to put a cap and not a hat
Today is the first day of half freedom and I celebrated it by spending my morning at the dentist :(

Great to see you Daniele. Hope everything went well with the Dentist and maybe you can do something more enjoyable tomorrow.

View attachment 232738
There could be a better way to celebrate freedom than seeing a dentist, eh Daniele?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Monday morning folks.

Yesterday evening I took a walkabout in a Knox Westlite. This durable hat has a stiffer brim that was needed in the stiff wind. The bigger brim works with this hat's proportions.

i-qg9vTpM-M.jpg

This mornings long 2 hour jaunt was done in a Gannon Wanderer (inspired by the Stetson of said name). This silvermist felted fedora was worn in the same hard charging manor of the Gannon this past weekend. I was curious as to the effect on this black leather sweat. The natural (very comfy) sweat I perspired through on Staurday. Today the moisture did not. Damp, but good to go.

i-zPNb78v-M.jpg

I stopped in similar locations during my swift walk to wipe off my bald head and brim imitating my natural sweat jaunt of the other day. Today my decision is to have commissioned hats to have the finished leather sweat and not elect for the most comfortable natural leather) sweat. This was not a "study" or intended to do anything but to satisfy my curiosity. My hat lifestyle is my hat lifestyle. I offer the above as an anecdote.

i-FvNgM2d-M.jpg

More hat adventures to come. Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorites!
Thanks Bill. One of my top 5 for sure.

Thanks, Michael.

Aahh, excellent! It's been a while since we've seen that one.

So many great hats to look at. Thanks for posting all of these, Eric.
Thanks Stefan. If only they had made this model in blue.

German week will more likely end up being German month. Week one is closing with this one.
Echter Mayser Superbe.
View attachment 232537 View attachment 232538 View attachment 232539 View attachment 232540 View attachment 232541
Fantastic looking felt.

Wonderful color
Thanks Joe. I enjoyed your month of hats immensely.

A vented montecristi for today. It started out as a Montecristi Custom Hat Works that needed a bit of restoration. I sent it to The Northwest Hat Co and Mike did his magic.

View attachment 232651 View attachment 232652 View attachment 232653
Wow, those last two straws are perfect, Bill. But I am glad it's not straw hat weather here, yet.

Love that Hanover Square Michael ! I’m still looking for one.
Thanks Tim. Looks like you were having fun in the straw.

Thanks all,
Michael

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
View attachment 232738
I’m sure it is great to able to travel around, even if it is to the dentist. Enjoy your day!

Steven

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 232738
Don’t care what you wear Daniele.
It’s just good to see you!
Stay well.
Bowen

1967Cougar390

Practically Family

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A couple of hats that did not make my last post as they were still uploading to my pic host.

Yesterday I was wearing a vintage Turf Club Royal DeLuxe. Truly this fedora has a lovely felt.

i-V2FkpzR-M.jpg

i-MqfHztx-M.jpg

i-fmzM8ZP-M.jpg

This morning a dog soiree was taken in a charcoal Gannon.

i-CgP7kfT-M.jpg

i-k2TD7br-M.jpg

i-FBrCz9x-M.jpg

Starting some on-line Zoom workouts shortly. Cordova Cap and coffee at the ready.

i-KvVxWLt-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Great to see you, Daniele.
Stay safe

View attachment 232738

Doggie walk latsr night with a Hanover Square that required some TLC and a new sweat. I refer to it as the Frunover Square to differentiate from the near-pristine one I got from @BobHufford.

View attachment 232548 View attachment 232545

Today, a RD Stetson heathered two-tone with an incorrigible brim that doesn't want to stay down.

View attachment 232545 View attachment 232544 View attachment 232546
A heather two-tone and a Hanover (Sorry: Frunover) Square: you're going for the bonus points, Jim!

Stefan, Thank you! I will switch to a different company. The mystery company will be an addition to your ongoing German series.

Fantastic Mayser "Superbe"! Also the mixed Rein Haar from yesterday!
Thanks, Steve.

You really scored with that one, Brent! Magnificent hat.

Now that's a beaut, Max.

Superbe indeed, Stefan.
Thanks, Steve. I used to think Mayser was more of an average hatmaker. I know better now.

Third hat from the Stefan batch. An Oldham and Fogg Bowler. One of the Manchester area hat makers based in Hyde and established in 1864.

Sits so nicely atop my bald head. Lovely feel to the felt, nice overall shape and dimensions. I think this is going to be one of my favourite Bowlers. View attachment 232586 View attachment 232587 View attachment 232588 View attachment 232589
Excellent, Steve. Glad to see it worn as it should be.

Great lines there
Thank you, Joe.

Apart from you posting the most jawdropping hats, Alan, I am in awe how well your pictures show the texture of the felt on the hats.

A vented montecristi for today. It started out as a Montecristi Custom Hat Works that needed a bit of restoration. I sent it to The Northwest Hat Co and Mike did his magic.

View attachment 232651 View attachment 232652 View attachment 232653
Splendid, Bill. That is some flashy bow on that hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo