Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Do soirée this morning while wearing a Stetson Whippet.

i-bTnVVKm-M.jpg

Home and heading out to pick up branches that fell during our storm and wind event last night. A Monsavais cap on my head for the task ahead.

i-LVVGZ76-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

I often confuse the Three Musketeers with the Three Fates, so, Aramis, Athos and...Atropos?

It's Porthos, I think, that has the best line in the 1973 version. He's swordfighting somebody with one hand, and keeping his other tucked in his belt, when the fellow he's fighting asks him why he doesn't use his other hand, to which he replies: "Oh, that? That's my drinking hand!"
The 1973 version is vastly superior to any other attempt I've ever seen. Still lots of fun to watch. Wasn't the fourth musketeer Apropos? At least we managed to kill d'Artagnan (at the siege of Maastricht). Should have minded his own business!

Wonderful hats Stefan. Wow does that Portis pop in the light of day!
Thanks, Joe. A rare shade of blue for sure.

Stefan, Thank you!

Stefan, Thanks! Same here. I should have posted a photo of the paper label. "Libelle" in German is "Dragonfly".

28701802688_1bc163fbd4_b.jpg

A magnificent series of hats from you this week! The Borsalino "Misto Salvia" is extraordinary!
Thanks, Steve. I'll pay extra attention for a "libelle" when browsing Mayser hats in the future.

Like the others have said: great colour, wonderful bow and a nice shape. What more could you ask for? Super hat, Joe.

Thanks Stefan

Thanks again, Stefan.

Fond as I am of blue hats, that Misto Salvia is definitely of the species Hattus maximus.

Michael
Thanks, Michael.

Dog soirree in a vintage Stetson Flagship. This Flagship has the petersham ribbon treatment. Flagships came with a more "standard ribbon and in the first years of the hat the petersham ribbon (like ribbon cut with a pinking shear). This DeLuxe hat has the unique edge treatment common to the model.

i-cGDMhXJ-M.jpg

i-R4xqCd9-M.jpg

i-MFFvDbV-M.jpg

Home and trying to fill the bird feeders between the rain in an unlined Lee Adventurer.

i-jcHf63w-M.jpg

i-6fpq9NP-M.jpg

Cheers on an early Saturday morning, Eric -
Don't have enough superlatives in my list for these, Eric. A joy to see these.
Hot, hot, hot today. Ventilated Resistol Stagecoach Black Mesa in wheat
IMG_5304 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5303 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5276 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
7-18-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day, and stay hydrated,
Michael
It's certainly ventilated. Nice weave pattern. Stay cool, Michael.

Hot and sweaty after chores finds me showered , changed to a new costume and under a Stetson Medalist panama.

i-9GJzPgs-M.jpg

Iced coffee in hand.

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Always like the look of these vintage pugs. I'd love to find a source for those.

Just the right width to my eye. Gorgeous hat, Max.

My week's hats... Today was too hot and humid so I"m going au naturale. Baron Hats bowler, Brown Belamey Homburg, tan Hornskov, and Brown American Hat Co. western.
Nice parade of hats, Jeff. You own that Baron bowler!

Fantastic, Brent.

Dobbs Jet 707

View attachment 248126

Cordova - Brown felt
4 1/2 crown as shaped
2 inch brown grosgrain ribbon
1 7/8 underwelt brim

This Dobbs was a hat I took a flyer on for $4 instead of letting it float away with no bids. What I had thought From the photos was another black or possibly charcoal grey with an interesting purplish ribbon turned out to be this dark brown (Cordova) Dobbs Jet 707 With a brown to reddish brown ribbon. I would say a few pieces of evidence point to this as a post 1972 hat. Glued in liner... The Dobbs coach logo with circle R registered trademark... the manufacturing tag looks different than the 60s and the sales tag with details attached to the sweatband. A fun punchy little hat that gives me a strong up brim vibe.

View attachment 248127 View attachment 248129 View attachment 248131 View attachment 248132
View attachment 248133

View attachment 248128 View attachment 248130
HAS taking hold! Looks good on you, Joe.

The 1973 version is vastly superior to any other attempt I've ever seen. Still lots of fun to watch. Wasn't the fourth musketeer Apropos? At least we managed to kill d'Artagnan (at the siege of Maastricht). Should have minded his own business!

Definitely the best movie and a real send up. Plus hey, Raquel Welch!

With the temps regularly climbing well into the 90s, even the early morning is warm. Unlined hats are a must. I picked up this Resistol a few months ago and had to put a sweatband in it, and it's hit my summer rotation in stride. Excellent, Playboy-soft felt.

IMG_20200719_090728228_MP_compress93.jpg
IMG_20200719_090733872_compress68.jpg
IMG_20200719_090730185_compress94.jpg
IMG_20200719_090819696_compress4.jpg
IMG_20200719_090810123_compress81.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That Wormser looks super sharp
Thanks, Joe.
Definitely the best movie and a real send up. Plus hey, Raquel Welch!

With the temps regularly climbing well into the 90s, even the early morning is warm. Unlined hats are a must. I picked up this Resistol a few months ago and had to put a sweatband in it, and it's hit my summer rotation in stride. Excellent, Playboy-soft felt.

View attachment 248242 View attachment 248244 View attachment 248246 View attachment 248243 View attachment 248245
Very nice looking felt, Jim. Nice save.

Almost as ventilated as my Sun-Fari. As summer hats go it's pretty comfortable.
The shine on the binding and ribbon of the Wormser looks very good. I wonder what kind of ribbons or treatments they used? My Wormser probably has the highest sheen of any of my hats.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. can't tell you much about Wormser. I have two of them and these are already very different, so I'm not in a position to say anything about the brand with any authority.
Like the look of the Melvin Panama.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Don't have enough superlatives in my list for these, Eric. A joy to see these.

It's certainly ventilated. Nice weave pattern. Stay cool, Michael.

Always like the look of these vintage pugs. I'd love to find a source for those.

Just the right width to my eye. Gorgeous hat, Max.

Nice parade of hats, Jeff. You own that Baron bowler!

Fantastic, Brent.

HAS taking hold! Looks good on you, Joe.

I totally mis-labeled that! It's the Texas Hatters! My Baron bowler is dark moss. OOPS.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
That, and Robben's fake penalty in the World Cup are my two resentments with Holland.
The first was a cheat, and in the second the bullet hit the wooden Marshal of France baton case and then ricochetted into Count Carles D'Artagnan's chest. A lucky shot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner