Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
An exceptional outfit for an outstanding Bowler, Michael. Love it!
Thanks Steve. I took the hat and suit out on a walkabout today. Very nice weather here.

Wearing my Stetson OR for tonight's election results. It's going to be a long night.
Have a good and safe one View attachment 277118 my American friends.
The OR is looking good. Hope you enjoy your evening.

Michael

Well done!!

I know we’re supposed to avoid politics, Steve, but I’m taking a chance to show you my grandson’s ballot...
View attachment 277146
I didn’t see Superman on my ballot.

427E16C2-F327-4DE5-A6BD-7CFC7918FF61.gif

quikrick

One Too Many
View attachment 277163

OPS Era Portis Swansback - Breeze Lux
Steel Grey bluish tones
4 1/4 Pork Pieish crown as shaped - 5 1/2 open
1 3/4 cobalt grayish blue grosgrain ribbon
2 1/2 brim with tight underwelt

For Election Day I am debuting my very first Portis. The OPS tag points to an early 1950s (1951 to 1953) dating. Prior to today I had only seen it in poor lighting and didn’t realize the blue tones in the felt and ribbon. Had assumed it to be silver with black ribbon.. but it turns out it’s more of a steel blue with a cobalt blue/dark grey ribbon. A beautiful combination. The original owner had left a piece of point board type material inside... I assume he used for forming the pork pie shape in the crown. I’m not soled on the crown shape but it will stay for now. The Swans Down finish is super soft and smooth. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Portis hats and this one for me supports those thoughts. If I remember correctly this one came off a tip from @BobHufford Thanks Bob!!

View attachment 277172 View attachment 277173 View attachment 277174 View attachment 277176 View attachment 277175

This one arrived in this super cool Lee Pan Am Hat box. Would have loved to have found this one too!!

View attachment 277177

View attachment 277178 View attachment 277179 View attachment 277180
That is a great looking hat man. Love the color and the shape.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 277163

Steel Grey bluish tones

For Election Day I am debuting my very first Portis. The OPS tag points to an early 1950s (1951 to 1953) dating. Prior to today I had only seen it in poor lighting and didn’t realize the blue tones in the felt and ribbon. Had assumed it to be silver with black ribbon.. but it turns out it’s more of a steel blue with a cobalt blue/dark grey ribbon. A beautiful combination. The original owner had left a piece of point board type material inside... I assume he used for forming the pork pie shape in the crown. I’m not soled on the crown shape but it will stay for now. The Swans Down finish is super soft and smooth. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Portis hats and this one for me supports those thoughts. If I remember correctly this one came off a tip from @BobHufford Thanks Bob!!

View attachment 277172 View attachment 277173 View attachment 277174 View attachment 277176 View attachment 277175

This one arrived in this super cool Lee Pan Am Hat box. Would have loved to have found this one too!!

View attachment 277177

I am certain you can hear my clapping here in Minnesota for your new hat from your neighborhood in Florida. Glorious hat!

Vote fedora.

Hi all. Karl.

Borsalino trilbyesque, from Rizzi's shop in milan 50 years back, mint condition. View attachment 277208

Dynamite to see your post Karl. Welcome to the lounge again sir! I do vote fedora. Like my dog, my fedoras are always happy to see me.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Campdraft SB (Imperial this time),

Well again it's kind of new, kinda not like my other SBCD, this time it's my imperial SBCD and well the wife knows I don't like small ribbons much so again today she spoils me with another new custom ribbon, this time Wine 'n off cream in a double differential bow with triple kicks.. I think I've created a monster woohooo, my old hats all feel new of late lol, will take a couple of better photos of the ribbon when the sun isn't so harsh outside... 97 'n a bit degree's today and windy as heck.

The pair of these CD's might see more wear 'n love now....

Ykwf4Es.jpg

803ZhHm.jpg

9nZBpRL.jpg
That is a great ribbon!!!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Day 1 of our 3 day trip to Toyama Prefecture - Sushi for lunch and Spanish food for dinner. I was still wearing my Stetson.
PB011415.jpeg

PB011421.jpeg

This is a Japanese take on the Spanish dish of ajillo. Can any of you guess what it is?
PB011435.jpeg

Day 2 and I was in my Panizza. It handled the rain admirably.
DSC00414.jpeg

My wife was in a beanie for our ride through the spectacular autumn mountain scenery of Toyama.
PB021495.jpeg
PB021487.jpeg

PB021594.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 277163

Steel Grey bluish tones

View attachment 277177

What a wonderful hat!!!
This has to go in your top ten, or five even, which, these days says a lot for this fedora!
Yay, Bob! Yay, Joe!
The crown of a vintage hat should get half a say in the outcome, and you should get a half say.
It sure helps when the crown is right at the start. ;-)

My vote is for fedoras, and for those who love them.

What a wonderful hat!!!
This has to go in your top ten, or five even, which, these days says a lot for this fedora!
Yay, Bob! Yay, Joe!
The crown of a vintage hat should get half a say in the outcome, and you should get a half say.
It sure helps when the crown is right at the start. ;-)

My vote is for fedoras, and for those who love them.
Thank you so much Randall! I thought you might have a ‘Slant’ on this. LOL. Just kidding.

Fedoras get my vote as well :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails