Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

New Phoenix Hat Company nutria in pewter w/snakeskin band.

D096DBF7-88A7-4722-8377-EA313F7B6B1F.jpeg
1F848F65-B9F2-40EB-835B-FFB86DA30752.jpeg
E2598097-C49A-4F3C-941A-6D2B22036552.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Two hats I got the time to clean up today. They had belonged to an older rancher in the mid west. Really happy with how well they cleaned up.

Resistol Double X FFA

View attachment 278226 View attachment 278227 View attachment 278228 View attachment 278229

No Brand Open Road Style

View attachment 278230 View attachment 278231 View attachment 278232 View attachment 278233

What they looked like earlier....

View attachment 278234

More on these hats in the Post New Hats. And Western threads.

I hope you can take a little humor, Joe, but that photo of you wearing the OR clone with your head bent down showing the top looked like the “crowning” stage of a hat giving birth to a cute, tiny cattleman’s crease baby western. :)
Definitely another unique crown for you. You sure cleaned them both up nicely! I like that silver hat band.

I hope you can take a little humor, Joe, but that photo of you wearing the OR clone with your head bent down showing the top looked like the “crowning” stage of a hat giving birth to a cute, tiny cattleman’s crease baby western. :)
Definitely another unique crown for you. You sure cleaned them both up nicely! I like that silver hat band.
ROFL!!!!! Wow. If I could just reproduce a bunch of old felt hats. PUSH! PUSH!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I wore my Habig to work again, but it has been frustrating me. It’s just a little big for me. Every time I put paper or sizing tape, I think I’ve got it right...then it decides otherwise. I came to the conclusion that for a hat with a moderate crown, the center dent was too deep for my cone-head. So tonight, I finally took the plunge and reshaped a crown for the first time.
Before: View attachment 277984
After:
View attachment 277985
An attempt to widen the dent and create a teardrop with a bump for the cone-head. I also tightened up the pinches. It seems good so far. I’m feeling optimistic, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Nice job.

Buy a spray bottle at a 100 yen store, fill it with water, and drench the leather and surrounding areas in spray, including the back side of the leather. Repeat three times, after letting it dry naturally. You will have a perfect fit. Believe me, patience, and it works to downsize a leather sweatband hat...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I know what I will be wearing! My new Gannon...1930’s Capone! Looking for the grey pinstripe suit now...

View attachment 278282 View attachment 278283

Grey pinstripe, blue blazer, casual blazer, Baracuta, denim jacket or even a modern Patagonia jacket that hat will look swell! I love the 9 gilled hat. The sweat is a treat to look at.

Congrats to you and Michael for teaming up on a glorious hat.

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk