Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 296800 View attachment 296801 Two hats for New Year’s Eve. Greeley low topper to be festive in the sunny morn, and my new lighted beanie (a gift from my kids) to help me change the battery in my lady friend’s car.
Looks great. I saw Tom Petty in a Traveling Wilburys video the other day and have had the low topper on my mind ever since...I know my wife would be dead against it, but I wonder if I could pull it off...

I think this was the one:

The Shoe

One Too Many
All dressed up and no place to go...but I had to try on something appropriate for my new Hornskov Broker. My first 100% beaver.
P1010068.jpeg
P1010083.jpeg
P1010084.jpeg
P1010086.jpeg

More pics of this and my wife's one in the new hats thread.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Looks like a gambler to me. I bet you could pull it off with ease.
I found the actual hat online. Along with his guitar, they were expecting it to go for 6 figures at an auction. He definitely had a thing for top hats, both short and tall.
A7E09AFD-5213-432A-AF44-55AF290D7BB2.jpeg

I always thought gambler hats had a bigger brim. I’ve had one of them on my mind for some time, too!

That’s a fantastic hat! The curl and the proportions are absolutely perfect. Might have to copy that hat. :)
Wow! That’s high praise coming from you, Brent. Thank you!

Gary

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks great. I saw Tom Petty in a Traveling Wilburys video the other day and have had the low topper on my mind ever since...I know my wife would be dead against it, but I wonder if I could pull it off...

I think this was the one:
I hear you on that. I’ve been wanting to find something like Tom Petty’s low topper for years, even since before I started this hobby, and this is the closest I’ve ever seen. He definitely had plenty of them. There was one of his iconic ones that I’ve determined was actually a brown homburg creased with a low telescope, because of the specific brim curl.
Your new Hornskov Broker is fantastic. I’ve been eyeing those for quite some time too! Enjoy it, and happy new year to you and all the rest of you loungers!

The Shoe

One Too Many
I hear you on that. I’ve been wanting to find something like Tom Petty’s low topper for years, even since before I started this hobby, and this is the closest I’ve ever seen. He definitely had plenty of them. There was one of his iconic ones that I’ve determined was actually a brown homburg creased with a low telescope, because of the specific brim curl.
Your new Hornskov Broker is fantastic. I’ve been eyeing those for quite some time too! Enjoy it, and happy new year to you and all the rest of you loungers!
Thank you! And a happy New Year to you, too.
I’m of an age where when I think Tom Petty, I hear the song Refugee in my head but I see him in the Mad Hatter’s top hat from the Don’t Come Around Here No More video. I’m not in the market for one of those. Apparently the Traveling Wilburys hat was made by Baron Hats in California.

Gary

Thank you! And a happy New Year to you, too.
I’m of an age where when I think Tom Petty, I hear the song Refugee in my head but I see him in the Mad Hatter’s top hat from the Don’t Come Around Here No More video. I’m not in the market for one of those. Apparently the Traveling Wilburys hat was made by Baron Hats in California.

Gary

If you don’t mind it in black, it looks a lot like some of the orthodox Jewish hats out there; although, those hats also usually have a longer hair finish.

4379829C-4DB4-4830-B4BF-5B1B96F09A98.jpeg

I have one with a raw edge that I recently bought used. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the retailer couldn’t come up with one in another color. I also bought a western from him and he blocked the crown to my preferred height so he’s able to accommodate special requests.

The Shoe

One Too Many
If you don’t mind it in black, it looks a lot like some of the orthodox Jewish hats out there; although, those hats also usually have a longer hair finish.

View attachment 296860

I have one with a raw edge that I recently bought used. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the retailer couldn’t come up with one in another color. I also bought a western from him and he blocked the crown to my preferred height so he’s able to accommodate special requests.
Thanks for the suggestion, Brent. That could be two birds with one stone...a petting hat is also on my list of desires! But right now Stefan says he has a bowler with my name on it, I am thinking about my first open crown (maybe a Fed IV) and I’ve collected enough points for a 25% discount on another Hornskov. And I need to set some money aside for things like food! I think for now, the short topper is one that I would get if I happen across a second hand one at a nice price.

Thanks Stefan. It was the perfect weather for it for sure.

Thanks Joe. That Miller western you have on today looks darn nice.

I'm liking that Petrol a lot. I hope it's gas and not diesel.

That is a great color combo, Bill. Super example of a fine modern hat.

Michael
It's a gas alright;). Thanks, Michael.
Beautiful! That's a grand hat, Perry.

S. J. Fraenkel Wien, "Arola" possibly late 1950s and a recent arrival.

50780192228_fa3ee0dff4_b.jpg

50781173416_33273dcb22_b.jpg

50780965821_b79ee21767_b.jpg

50781244637_656205f471_b.jpg

50780375968_e8f3bba0e4_b.jpg

50780380118_3d93c865d0_b.jpg

50780385413_54d6acaab7_b.jpg
Excellent find, Steve. A rare beast for sure.

Into the last ten minutes of the year here in Japan. Decided to spend it in my Hornskov.
View attachment 296630
We’ve got the New Year Shimekazari decoration up on our front door.
View attachment 296631
Wishing you all a very hatty New Year!
Good choice, Gary. A hatty new year is a happy new year.
Brunch on the deck in the temperant weather in a Stetson 7X Clear Beaver.

86DD33FB-72A9-45A1-B3E5-B130DBE82F1C-M.jpg

A special tip of the brim to Bamaboots, Greg, for the "Alert" on this hat. Thanks sir. It is a dynamite hat.

DSC05138-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Very handsome hat, Eric. Something tells me it had a cattleman crease before.

Forgot to wear my Santy Claus suit for Xmas, so I will for the Eve of the Year. Along with a Biltmore Golden Pheasant
IMG_0025 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0026 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0027 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
12-31-2020 Today's Clothes for a Happy New Year by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Happy New Year,
Michael
More velour; that can only be a good thing. Nice one, Michael.

Happy New Year fellow loungers. Let's hope it's a good hat one. View attachment 296691
Doesn't get more festive than that. Steve. Happy new year!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
All dressed up and no place to go...but I had to try on something appropriate for my new Hornskov Broker. My first 100% beaver.
View attachment 296845 View attachment 296846 View attachment 296847 View attachment 296848
More pics of this and my wife's one in the new hats thread.

Congrats on you families new hats. Your Broker looks dynamite. You wear that confidently.

A quiet morning dog soirée in my neighborhood had me wearing a Stetson thin ribbon.

07357B15-37F6-48E8-8F6F-1FABB68D426D-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Gorgeous hat, Brent. Those gills are tight!

Wishing my Lounge friends and family a joyous New Year! We will be enjoying our NYE in our "casual" outfits in front of the TV. Stay safe out there. A top hat for emphasis only. It really does not go with sweats.
View attachment 296808
Very much in style, Mike. Happy new year.

Happy New Year to you All!
View attachment 296824

A toast to days gone by....

View attachment 296825
Happy new year, Joe. Glad there was a hat in these pics somewhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy