Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

J. Hückel ´s Söhne "Alpha" "Seal Velour" possibly mid 1930s.

50815799267_3b78625b27_b.jpg

50814945138_a0e0a00f5b_b.jpg

50816234471_1ccdc9cd5e_b.jpg

50815494938_8e3e0ee4b8_b.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Ok, I missed the 100x on my first look...beaver.

No problem - I have two bunnies (last of their navy) and natural (really both superb), and two beaver - one is the Mogul which has quite a bit of shellac because of its brim curl, but this latest one has to be one of my softest felts I own, on par with the Gannon, as its the same Felpa felt, but Hornskov leaves them very soft. Could well turn out to be one of my favorites...

The Shoe

One Too Many
No problem - I have two bunnies (last of their navy) and natural (really both superb), and two beaver - one is the Mogul which has quite a bit of shellac because of its brim curl, but this latest one has to be one of my softest felts I own, on par with the Gannon, as its the same Felpa felt, but Hornskov leaves them very soft. Could well turn out to be one of my favorites...
I’ve just been looking at the website. I see you added the wind trolley. Can I ask how much extra that set you back? I’m looking at the Diamond for my next Hornskov, but I’m keen on a wind trolley and also a shark gill ribbon.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I’ve just been looking at the website. I see you added the wind trolley. Can I ask how much extra that set you back? I’m looking at the Diamond for my next Hornskov, but I’m keen on a wind trolley and also a shark gill ribbon.
Let me tell you my story - I ordered a plain Editor in rabbit, then added a few extras on two occasions - DKK200 was charged for the windcord, I then realized that for DKK500 (Yen8500), I could get a full beaver, so added this on as well. Whilst their Fepsa rabbit is fine indeed, I'm glad for the extra upgrade to beaver. I would caution on the Diamonds dimensions though - I have a C crown (I think its what they call it), and the Crown is very tall - unless you are looking for that, or you may want a few cm lower, and that they can do too. Hats dimensions are very individual to style, face and taste, as i am sure you well know (through trial and error), but the great thing about Hornskov is that they offer all the customization - just have to ask Catherine.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks all for the kind comments on the Borsalino, hair, and attire. I tip my hat to all you fine gentlemen.

Thanks Jonathan! We're doing pretty good. Diggin' your hat/coat combo today and, of course, your hair (...sigh).

Fantastic Jonathan

Ditto sigh!
B

Looking dapper Jonathan. Love everything about this outfit !

Good heavens!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner