Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Back under my new old derby on a chilly morning.
IMG_1124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1132 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1122 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Stetson Standard Quality designed for Maurice L Rothschild and Co.
3-1-2021 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think tomorrow is the day for beard and hair shortening. Spring weather is supposed to start then. More or less.
IMG_1133 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Monday,
Michael
I trimmed the beard back last week when we had a bit of a warming trend, then the temps took a dive this week. Wishing I had waited another week or two.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking good Michael! Wind chill was minus 2 here this morning, supposed to be close to 50 degrees tomorrow. Spring is not far off.
Thanks Dave. That was a great looking Borsalino you pulled out today.

I trimmed the beard back last week when we had a bit of a warming trend, then the temps took a dive this week. Wishing I had waited another week or two.
I just finished trimming mine. I left quite an ample amount I think. It was 15 here this morning, but our highs are supposed to be consistently near 50 til next week and then move up to 60. I'll finish the trim next week.
Thanks,
Michael

This is shaping up to be quite the week. I had oral surgery to put in the stud for a dental implant, no fun. They did knock me out for this procedure, so I wore my 1950s Stetson "surgery" hat yet again. Today I ventured out to pick up some yummy pain meds and the "Love Potion #9" for my second procedure in a week at the CT Scan for my screwed up insides. I go in early in the morning after drinking this imaging juice, I think it is Barium (?). Since it was sunny today, I wore a custom Black Sheep Hat Works fedora in silver belly beaver felt. My Allen Edmonds Maxfield loafers saw the daylight today as well. Fun times...

2Mar21 BSHW front 550x.jpg
2Mar21 BSHW side 550x.jpg
5Nov20 Stetson post oral surgery side 550x.jpg
2Mar21 AE Maxfield 550x.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is shaping up to be quite the week. I had oral surgery to put in the stud for a dental implant, no fun. They did knock me out for this procedure, so I wore my 1950s Stetson "surgery" hat yet again. Today I ventured out to pick up some yummy pain meds and the "Love Potion #9" for my second procedure in a week at the CT Scan for my screwed up insides. I go in early in the morning after drinking this imaging juice, I think it is Barium (?). Since it was sunny today, I wore a custom Black Sheep Hat Works fedora in silver belly beaver felt. My Allen Edmonds Maxfield loafers saw the daylight today as well. Fun times...

View attachment 314768 View attachment 314769 View attachment 314770 View attachment 314771
Hang in there, Mike! The hats make it look easy, even when it's not.

If you are feeling better by Saturday, we are heading to see Mike Miller in Eugene...

quikrick

One Too Many

View attachment 314768 View attachment 314769 View attachment 314770 View attachment 314771
Well if it makes you feel any better, you look great!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
34EBF784-37F9-4957-ACC8-0BD1F81B56ED.jpeg
56058C16-1379-4EDF-BB8A-FF8823C20D0E.jpeg
008E9BE6-2305-4C4A-BF25-85A13D08B681.jpeg
6713AA9E-5FCE-4FCE-A41C-64C749B65490.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today...since it’s double Dobbs Forty day in the classifieds i couldn’t resist a double down Dobbs Forty post. Seeing those classifieds had me feeling the 40s and feeling remiss not fondling the 40s enough.
So...some Forties for the fire and the fortunate fellows that find themselves fulfilled with a fine find. Well...i’m outta “f”s so fare thee well.
And safe.
Bowen

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 314811 View attachment 314812 View attachment 314813 View attachment 314814 Greetings All:
Today...since it’s double Dobbs Forty day in the classifieds i couldn’t resist a double down Dobbs Forty post. Seeing those classifieds had me feeling the 40s and feeling remiss not fondling the 40s enough.
So...some Forties for the fire and the fortunate fellows that find themselves fulfilled with a fine find. Well...i’m outta “f”s so fare thee well.
And safe.
Bowen
Stunning!!!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hufvud in emerald grey:

View attachment 314580 View attachment 314581 View attachment 314582 View attachment 314583 View attachment 314584 View attachment 314585

This was a costly lesson. This is my most expensive custom hat and it’s one that I regret ordering. It’s exactly what I ordered, but it just doesn’t work like I thought it would from photos. The felt is FEPSA 100% beaver and nice, but not as nice as my best/most recent Gannons made from Winchester’s beaver felt. It’s also not as nice for my preferences as FEPSAs 50X felt from Hornskov. I talked myself into this hat, and in the three months I’ve owned it I’ve only worn it to try on. I’ve spent a lot of time shaping and reshaping it, and I’m sure I’ll reshape it again. Mikael of Hufvud is a good hatter and it’s a quality hat, but it just hasn’t won me over. There’s a lot I’d do differently.
When in doubt...iron it out and give it a curl. Nice contrast.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Like for the hats...not all the medical stuff last couple years! You’ve got to be overwhelmed by all the procedures. Let’s pray for healing and health. You’ve earned it Mike.
Hats up and hang in there.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Always a treat to see the Cav 100, Greg. It’s the only one around if i’m not mistaken. Thanks for bringing it around.
B

Thank you, B. I never reach for this hat without thinking of you. There’s been a compliment from you every time I’ve worn this hat. Not that I was fishing but I’ve noticed a lack of of posts from you so, post the Cav 100 and there you are, complimenting the C 100 and sporting a great pair of 40’s. There may be another 100 around but I’ve never seen one like this. Good to see you.

View attachment 314811 View attachment 314812 View attachment 314813 View attachment 314814 Greetings All:
And safe.
Bowen
Double double 40s. Wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm