Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

High-Brehm:

7F42B65A-952C-4629-9B0C-60162122FD26.jpeg
644A3842-A4AE-412A-87D9-91A28337FE8B.jpeg
B79C4098-50B3-4F77-92CD-D13CCE45DAA8.jpeg

Excellent, Perry. Some much needed attention for black hats.

Dobbs heather Cross Country. Likely from the 1930s. Definitely from Wisconsin.

View attachment 328442

View attachment 328444

View attachment 328443
I think the term exquisite is in order for that one, Alan.

It's still on the list. Gorgeous example, Brent.

Thank you Steve! It has been over 20 months since I took a day off. It has been far too long.
View attachment 328502 View attachment 328503 View attachment 328504
Way too long indeed, Dave. Great pics.

a complete change of weather today had me donning my Gannon 100% natural beaver, and a leather jacket of course.

View attachment 328568 View attachment 328569 View attachment 328570 View attachment 328571 View attachment 328572
Very nice, David! Good thing you have these still around for the rare situations the sun doesn't shine over there.
Nice! I like the contrasting brim binding a lot.

Gave the extra wide ribboned Battersby an outing today.

More things are opening up again here in Denmark. Some restrictions are being revised. Not quite normalcy, but it's nice to feel we're getting there. View attachment 328704
We're expecting the same over here this week, Steve. Some loosing of the restrictions and we seem to be picking up speed with the vaccinations (about time). The Battersby and yourself are looking good in the sunshine.

Any day's a better day in a good hat.

View attachment 328720

View attachment 328749
A bit shocking to see you in anything but a pristine hat, Alan! You pull it off with ease though.
Marine blue antelope finish Agnoulita:

View attachment 328768

View attachment 328773
Good colours on that one, Brent.

1955 Saks Fifth Avenue with (Cavanagh) Felted Welt Edge

View attachment 328814 View attachment 328815 View attachment 328816
The ribbon really makes it stand out. Very cool, Joe.

This morning a dog soirree in a 30's Canadian Brock.

i-sVzR23j-M.jpg

i-gZLHDTS-M.jpg
i-zXNzQXL-M.jpg

I went out on an essential errand, to pick-up freshly roasted coffee, in a Royal Stetson. I selected this hat off the hat rack to start a tan/caramel felt hue theme for today.

i-XGXzcSn-M.jpg

i-sPwXTjz-M.jpg

i-68dHXBz-M.jpg

Ahhh, puttering about on the property and sipping "fresh" coffee. I chose a Stetson Whippet as my "coffee hat."

i-smzvGn8-M.jpg

i-rTdKBkT-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
Superb as always, Eric.

Just got back from playing a littly hooky from work. Popped out to the USAF Museum as they had the C-47, "That's All, Brother" in for a visit.

The C-47 "Skytrain" has it's roots in the DC-3 and was manufactured by the Douglas Aircraft Company. The "Brother" was the first aircraft to cross the channel late in the evening of June 5, 1944, as the opening salvo of Operation Overlord, carrying Airborne troops to go into battle. Constructed in 1942, the "Brother" also made glider runs to support the invasion. This aircraft went into commercial use sometime after the war and was found around 2015, acquired by the Commemorative Air Force, and restored to it's condition/state on D-Day.

https://thatsallbrother.org/

I tried to be period appropriate, and wore my Marathon thin ribbon, which I believe to be from the early 1940s, if not earlier.

View attachment 328943 View attachment 328944 View attachment 328942 View attachment 328945 View attachment 328946

The Dayton Daily News has some photos of it's arrival on Tuesday. It will be departing this afternoon.

https://www.dayton.com/entertainmen...-air-force-museum/TQZRLUPJWBDW5HCRTPG4J62NPQ/
Very cool, Jim. Both the plane and the hat.

Classic look, Joe. Can't go wrong with that.

Borsalino Feather Weight + vintage flannel suit
View attachment 329190
Perfection, as always, Fabio.

First time in Copenhagen in 6 months. It's good to be back.
Wore my Meister Filz for the occasion.
Have a great weekend folks. View attachment 329233
Very nice, Steve. It does some brim on it; works well with the leather jacket and scarf.

View attachment 329350

G.B. Borsalino FU Lazzaro & C.
San Remo - Mogano felt Moka ribbon
4 1/2 crown as shaped 5 1/2 open
2 inch brim with possible felted edge
2 inch grosgrain ribbon
Wind Trolley

After Waiting nearly a month for this G.B. Borsalino FU Lazzaro & C to get packed up I nearly said FU to the whole thing. However... I am glad I did not... it was worth the wait. I knew this would not likely be an original early fu Lazzaro figuring it was a 50s-ish “revival rival”... it appears from the tag it’s more mid 60s to mid 70s. However none of that matters. After cleaning this super dirty hat up... it really shines. The felt is super soft... not quite a velour.. but not a standard finish either... and it really has a nice shape to it. The Mogano felt and Moka ribbon make a nice color combo. The ribbon still has its basting stitches.. I believe that’s what it is anyway. The two inch brim has what appears to be a sort shallow felted edge.... if not there was either previously some brim stitching or something creating a line near the trim. As with other US market Borsalino.. the wind trolley is a sort of elastic material that can make it hard to find a sweet spot for storage... but definitely not a deal breaker there. I think this will make great grab and go kinda hat for me.

View attachment 329352 View attachment 329353 View attachment 329354 View attachment 329355 View attachment 329356 View attachment 329358 View attachment 329359 View attachment 329360
Very nice, Joe. Great colour and shape to it. It is a later variety, but that doesn't take away from how nice it is.
Nice! Always good to see a woolfelt survivor.

Very nice, Joe. I like these mid-ribbon ones.

With things warming up over here, all of our lined felt hats have gone into storage. Last night Etsuko was in a Maxim...
View attachment 329750 View attachment 329747
...and I took my Véritable Feutre de Poil out for its second spin.
View attachment 329749 View attachment 329748
Today might be my first day of straw.
Wonderful pics, Gary.

Excellent, Brent! Hat, tie and jacket!
That's a thing of beauty, Randy.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Morning escapades in a Stetson Open Road.

i-K5P4KcH-M.jpg

i-9qZg77C-M.jpg

i-kVBMhrD-M.jpg

Out trying on my new Cordova Cap. This is made with a gray Fox Brothers Covert cloth. Love the cap.

i-M6tzTgL-M.jpg

i-CRMW8fD-M.jpg

i-FvJ6Hb3-M.jpg

Covert cloth - "The classic covert cloth was created by Fox Brothers & co. in the late 1800's. The term covert derived from the french 'couvert' whose definition is of a shelter or hiding place for game. This tightly woven steep twill was originally designed to with stand the harshness of riding."

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Catching up after being unable to for awhile Saturday and Sunday.

Knapp-Felt in black-on-black for Mass yesterday.

View attachment 330033 View attachment 330032 View attachment 330030

Adam for today.

View attachment 330034 View attachment 330029 View attachment 330028 View attachment 330031
Hooray for the black hat(s), especially if they're as good as that Knapp, Jim. Just to start off the week with an interesting little tidbit: there is actually a country named after the black hat (not necessarily that Knapp one, but still): Karakalpakstan! It's an autonomous republic within Uzbekistan. No, I couldn't point it out on a globe for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21