Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dog soirre in a VS Wanderer (dove beaver felt). This hat was inspired by the vtg.Stetson Wanderer model which I have never seen. This is a grand lightweight felt and in my fav Winchester hue.

i-RQ8Z8Z7-M.jpg

i-k655QjL-M.jpg

Afterwards I have been spreading some mulch in a Stetson Playboy.

i-2c7CjbV-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Haven’t been around the lounge much this past week after our family got rocked with the loss of two dear family members. A week ago today we lost my mother-in-law Ellen.. a very sad loss, a loss her valiant battle of nearly two years with pancreatic cancer had prepared us for in a way. What we could not in anyway be prepared for was to also lose my 43 year old brother-in-law... her son.. Danny just minutes apart. Ellen and Danny may have had the “in-law” title.. but Ellen was a second mom and Danny and true brother.

Yesterday we said goodbye to Danny. I did choose my newest arrival British GA Dunn and Co as a nod to a little game he had with his beautiful daughters where they would greet each other in their best (or worst) British accent... ‘EhLow Guvnah!’ And the later dressed it up in Miami Dolphins colors as Danny was known lovingly around town as Dolphin Danny.

As rough as this loss is on me... it pales in comparison to that of my wife, her father and other brother, Danny’s wife and his two daughters along with my kids and the rest of the family. The 100s of people who turned out to honor him clearly showed how much he was loved.

Next week we will honor Ellen.

4C6C06F5-182F-41B5-9758-00C59E67B7EC.jpeg
18114EDD-8E1F-48FB-83A7-85229D94CF37.jpeg
C2769916-86E2-4B4E-9376-912EFE4DB624.jpeg

This was Danny’s hat collection... I’d take another day with Danny and his collection over any of my own. Love you.. miss you Bro.
9FDF6769-267B-4002-A27C-32C091D11780.jpeg
8F4D91A0-7D1F-473D-AE56-E5FDBF55662A.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Haven’t been around the lounge much this past week after our family got rocked with the loss of two dear family members. A week ago today we lost my mother-in-law Ellen.. a very sad loss, a loss her valiant battle of nearly two years with pancreatic cancer had prepared us for in a way. What we could not in anyway be prepared for was to also lose my 43 year old brother-in-law... her son.. Danny just minutes apart. Ellen and Danny may have had the “in-law” title.. but Ellen was a second mom and Danny and true brother.

Yesterday we said goodbye to Danny. I did choose my newest arrival British GA Dunn and Co as a nod to a little game he had with his beautiful daughters where they would greet each other in their best (or worst) British accent... ‘EhLow Guvnah!’ And the later dressed it up in Miami Dolphins colors as Danny was known lovingly around town as Dolphin Danny.

As rough as this loss is on me... it pales in comparison to that of my wife, her father and other brother, Danny’s wife and his two daughters along with my kids and the rest of the family. The 100s of people who turned out to honor him clearly showed how much he was loved.

View attachment 332491 View attachment 332492 View attachment 332493

This was Danny’s hat collection... I’d take another day with Danny and his collection over any of my own. Love you.. miss you Bro.
View attachment 332494 View attachment 332495
Your absence had been noted. So sorry to hear the reason behind it.
Condolences to you and yours.

Condolences, Joe. It’s always hard to lose any family or friend, but to lose your brother-in-law so young is heartbreaking.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Joe; You have been missed and your news is terrible. Be brave and strong for your wife and her family as you all grieve the loss of family. Thinking of you.

Condolences, Eric -

So sorry to hear about your losses, Joe. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Take care of yourself and them during these difficult times.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I haven’t posted much on this thread of late. Nothing much worth showing. I’m coming to the end of a 9 day holiday (6 down, 3 to go) but COVID has kept me at home working on a new garden project. What with yard work and outdoor cooking, these three hats have been on constant rotation. Akubra Snowy River for visits to the hardware store, Akubra Cattleman for yard work and kangaroo leather for the barbecue.
EF98035F-BFFE-45FC-B97D-FE16487ECBB9.jpeg

Joe, sorry to hear of your losses; a real one-two gut punch for sure.

Your absence had been noted. So sorry to hear the reason behind it.
Condolences to you and yours.

Condolences, Joe. It’s always hard to lose any family or friend, but to lose your brother-in-law so young is heartbreaking.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Joe; You have been missed and your news is terrible. Be brave and strong for your wife and her family as you all grieve the loss of family. Thinking of you.

Condolences, Eric -

So sorry to hear about your losses, Joe. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Take care of yourself and them during these difficult times.

Joe, sorry to hear of your losses; a real one-two gut punch for sure.

Thank you guys so much for the kind and thoughtful words. Day by day

So sorry to hear, Joe. My brothers in law are much like brothers to me, also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112