Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Very nice, Joe.

Finally busted out the straws. The original Peters Bros. namesake hat.

View attachment 335953 View attachment 335952
Is it me or is that just an insanely tall crown?

Fantastic, Fabio.

Good humid morning. We needed rain, but golly the humidity! Wearing a 30's unlined Borsolino.

i-9Sq85fd-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Stellar as always, Eric.

First time out with hat build #4. Moonshine FEPSA beaver, hand sewn binding. Horseshoe crease just because. More in the Learning Millinery thread

Nice work, Jared. That crease is something else!

Bringing a Resitol like that one for a date you're not taking any chances, Joe.

I am feeling better these days with the lifting of Covid restrictions in the Bay Area of California. So this morning I decided to delve deeper in my pile of hatboxes and withdrew this hat which I have not worn in quite a while. The Silverbelly fedora from Optimo. I love this hat and need to wear it more often

View attachment 336366
I know the feeling. Excellent hat!

It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of my kangaroo leather barbecue hat. After years of mistreatment and abuse, it still feels comfy on the head, but has curled up to a degree that it’s just starting to look silly. View attachment 336727
Its place will be taken by my Akubra Cattleman. I will do my best to show it a little more love. View attachment 336728
Earlier today, I was in my Bailey Toyo straw... View attachment 336729
Believe it or not, it’s the rainy season here in Japan...
View attachment 336730
Oh, and my first effort in the new BBQ hat...Korean style chicken wings and marinated veggies.
View attachment 336731 View attachment 336732
Killing it again with the food pics, Gary.

Ha! I wondered how long it would be before I got a poke in that direction. :D While I appreciate that hats aren't complete without a head in them, I'm not big on posting selfies I'm afraid.

My mirrors would probably look the other way if they weren't nailed to the wall :p

I still feel a little silly popping out the back door and taking a selfie wearing a hat - I always double-check to make sure the neighbors aren't looking!

But it's all in good fun and gives the forum a more personal feel.

It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of my kangaroo leather barbecue hat. After years of mistreatment and abuse, it still feels comfy on the head, but has curled up to a degree that it’s just starting to look silly. View attachment 336727
Its place will be taken by my Akubra Cattleman. I will do my best to show it a little more love. View attachment 336728
View attachment 336730
Oh, and my first effort in the new BBQ hat...Korean style chicken wings and marinated veggies.
I feel like I can see the In memoriam video package :)

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 336730
Great looking cattleman. What colour is that?
Wear it in good health
Johnny

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Very nice VS Eric. Just curious.... what exactly qualifies as hot and steamy in Minnesota

Good call. Yesterday in Indianapolis it was in the mid 80's f. For me this was very warm. This morning in my neighborhood in MN it is 72'f and 95% humidity. The foretasted high today will be 75'f. It is our "usual to be low in upper 40's -50's and highs in the 70's during May.

This "warm" is not Florida's warm. I admit I am not normal as my favorite season is winter.

More Sunday hat adventures -

I went over to our bakery this morning. It has been over a year since I have been inside the bakery. Sure I have received pick-ups in the parking lot. It is not the same. I visited with the proprietor this morning. Both of us wearing masks and I gifted her some honey made and bottled by another friend of ours. We sampled it on some Finnish cardamon bread. Delicious. For this special occasion I wore my Newt at the Royal Monticristo panama.

i-CDXfgNm-M.jpg

i-GvG5589-M.jpg

i-4Hb58JR-M.jpg

i-jXrk56v-M.jpg

i-Rmh8G7m-M.jpg

I came home and dunked my Sunbody hat in a 5 gallon bucket of water. It was bothering me that the pinches in front were not centered. Easy-peasy change. I am letting the hat dry on my head.

i-db5WGFn-M.jpg

Cheers from my neighborhood to yours, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points