Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We went to see an old friend and 3 more of her friends came along. A real nice time with old friends and new. Especially nice after the covid isolation. Heading to 94°F today. Hot enough for straw. Italian Milan for me, and a semi-calado from Cuenca, Ecuador, for Sandra.

View attachment 349589

View attachment 349590
Looking good Doug. Not as good as the missus but then again we both married above our pay grades.

Pellie

One Too Many
Today the Mike Miller (Northwest hats) panama. I think it is grade 5. A stunner.
26 degrees Celcius in the netherlands :)
20210725_131500.jpg
20210725_131520.jpg
20210725_131838.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning from Minnesota. It is a grand 64'f (18'c) morning temp! I feel the need to be enjoying this temp as the forecast is for hot and hotter this coming week.

Early morning dog soirre done in a Stetson Whippet (sage green). I started the walk before the sun rose.

i-DSjjr8v-M.jpg

i-QJbxDhB-M.jpg

Back home I sipped coffee and caght up on the Olympics. I wore a Stetson Gun Club (sage green) while sitting on the deck.

i-BKdVH4w-M.jpg

Caribou Coffee Costa Rican coffee was a treat.

i-Kwx7Knz-M.jpg

I headed out for car wash, auto fuel, bakery and hardware errands in a Stetson Stratoliner (sage green). I listened to recaps of the Olympics during my errands.

i-jdtmcsW-M.jpg

Home and breakfast on the deck wearing a Stetson Playboy (sage).

i-PvtTR8w-M.jpg

i-dDnc3LN-M.jpg

I am headed over to a friends house to revisit previous and current Olympics competitions. A Tropicool hat is the perfect pairing for this trip. I am bringing quiche and a breakfast fruit compote for my contribution to the gathering.

i-gXv2ztN-M.jpg

i-WJGGQGx-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
A visit to my brother-in-law’s place to see the newest addition to their family. Ellie the donkey. After a longer than 12 month pregnancy new mom Blossom is very protective. She is just a few days old… It is amazing that they pretty much hit the ground running… ready to take on the world.

A46D2060-EA42-4641-B15F-4BA66E6E5EFA.jpeg
EB3D577C-397D-448F-821F-3D92E9F2305B.jpeg

A photo with my buddy Shooter

EB288145-90A7-4ECB-8D1D-EFD7682DAA53.jpeg

I think he thought my Borsalino might make a nice snack

06F08AFA-F6D7-4A03-89C3-41B407DF8C28.jpeg

My sister-in-law gave me a little clean up project for her. This old Resistol western that belonged to her father who passed when she was two years old. He had done a lot of bull roping and riding in it. I’d guess time frame puts it as mid/late 60s to early 70s. It had a tan fabric belt like hat band we removed. She will probably go with a horse hair band when we get it cleaned up.
3D7533AB-4511-40F4-B845-F8C619B58927.jpeg
0E75941E-2AAC-49BA-83EA-619B17E71EE4.jpeg

A visit to my brother-in-law’s place to see the newest addition to their family. Ellie the donkey.

So cute! We hope to raise these once we can be at the farm full time.

These two came across my Facebook feed, but I didn’t notice that you had posted them.

Good gets at the thrift and good on you Joe for cleaning up Dad’s old hat!

So cute! We hope to raise these once we can be at the farm full time.

These two came across my Facebook feed, but I didn’t notice that you had posted them.

Good gets at the thrift and good on you Joe for cleaning up Dad’s old hat!
Thanks Bob. Was probably my wife’s post on Facebook you saw. I swiped her photos for this post. :cool: They belong to her brother and his wife.

It was so amazing to see her storming around the pasture within twenty four hours of being born.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chelonia Yeddo Boater for services this morning.

Today is National Parents Day and that got me to thinking about some of my fondest memories as a young child - one of which was going to work with my mother. You see, she had the greatest job in the whole world. (At least it was to me.) She drove a “Best Ever” ice cream truck. It was one of those trucks that went around neighborhoods and sold ice cream products at the curb. It was a one seater, and I sat on the compressor unit on the passenger’s side. That’s right - no seat belt. I had work to do and it had to get done efficiently. I had three jobs and I learned to do them all at the same time. Today we call it multitasking. First, I had to ring the bell (snapping a small rope side to side attached to the clanger/clapper.) Second, I had to watch for kids running toward the truck so she wouldn’t miss any potential sales. And third, I had to make sure the product was as described. So, being in quality control I had to randomly sample the products throughout the day. (Nutty Buddy cones and Dreamsicles were sampled the most often.) I learned a lot from my mom, but I think ice cream quality control was probably one of the most enjoyable skills learned. I still use that skill as often as I can, or as often as I can sneak it past my wife.

05BC5A2A-D860-49B1-B0BE-9FC15D8DD76A.jpeg
2D71E885-34CB-4680-B7C6-0F8D01CBA809.jpeg
05F4FA3A-413B-4ECB-9DA0-C57D2F727624.jpeg
36AB4A27-DB73-42B6-B274-0193BE19D841.jpeg

Chelonia Yeddo Boater for services this morning.

Today is National Parents Day and that got me to thinking about some of my fondest memories as a young child - one of which was going to work with my mother. You see, she had the greatest job in the whole world. (At least it was to me.) She drove a “Best Ever” ice cream truck. It was one of those trucks that went around neighborhoods and sold ice cream products at the curb. It was a one seater, and I sat on the compressor unit on the passenger’s side. That’s right - no seat belt. I had work to do and it had to get done efficiently. I had three jobs and I learned to do them all at the same time. Today we call it multitasking. First, I had to ring the bell (snapping a small rope side to side attached to the clanger/clapper.) Second, I had to watch for kids running toward the truck so she wouldn’t miss any potential sales. And third, I had to make sure the product was as described. So, being in quality control I had to randomly sample the products throughout the day. (Nutty Buddy cones and Dreamsicles were sampled the most often.) I learned a lot from my mom, but I think ice cream quality control was probably one of the most enjoyable skills learned. I still use that skill as often as I can, or as often as I can sneak it past my wife.

View attachment 349881 View attachment 349882 View attachment 349883 View attachment 349884
Great memories Bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner