Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
On a bright sunny day, only the best brims will do. Open Road styling and a porcupine quill hatband. Hawaiian shirts are about all I wear these hot summer days.

20210808_144604.jpg
20210808_144625.jpg
20210808_144930.jpg
20210808_145054.jpg
20210808_145130.jpg
20210808_145751.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Fantastic. All of it. Beautiful couple, hats, restaurant, scenery, food.... wow.

Our friends were planning a move to another state. Husband quit his job, and then they found out they were pregnant. Dire straits. Move postponed, scrambling to find another job. So we took them out yesterday. I gave them the bed from our back room, took them out to a Greek restaurant for lunch. Best lamb, ever. Then to a movie. A full day with no pictures. Humbug on that part.

Warm and very humid yesterday so we both wore semi-calado hats from Ecuador.
Thank you!
Congratulations to your friends and I hope it all works out for them on the job front.
The Greeks sure know how to do lamb.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 352711 What happens when someone tries to
Mess with one of Dave’s hats.
The worse part is the stern, condescending talk afterwards.
@Frunobulax @AbbaDatDeHat @BobHufford
So, we were replacing the shoes on our mannequin "Big Nate" at the Maj. Gen. Nathanael Greene Homestead. Big Nate wears the uniform and accoutrements of a Revolutionary War Contiental Army private. While my staff where changing out his buckle shoes for more period appropriate shoes, the fishing line holding him up let go and he came crashing down at my feet. Another staff member quickly snapped this pic. The various colorful obscenities exiting my mouth aren't as evident as my WTF hand action LOL

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
@Frunobulax @AbbaDatDeHat @BobHufford
So, we were replacing the shoes on our mannequin "Big Nate" at the Maj. Gen. Nathanael Greene Homestead. Big Nate wears the uniform and accoutrements of a Revolutionary War Contiental Army private. While my staff where changing out his buckle shoes for more period appropriate shoes, the fishing line holding him up let go and he came crashing down at my feet. Another staff member quickly snapped this pic. The various colorful obscenities exiting my mouth aren't as evident as my WTF hand action LOL
Got it.
But...that leads to the question, WTFHATWASHEWEARINGTODAY??
B

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
A little something fun i found!
How Wearing My Hat At A Jaunty Angle Changed My Life
Hold on, the Pope is calling.

Bev Potter

May 25 · 3 min read

I used to be like you. I used to wear my hat flat and level like some kind of normal person wearing a utilitarian noggin shield. But where was the imagination? Where was the joie de vivre? Where were the strangers asking, “Why are you wearing your hat like that?”

Sure, it kept the sun out of my eyes, but did it change my life?

A little bit. My odds of developing glaucoma and skin cancer were notably reduced.

But when I started wearing my hat at a jaunty angle, everything changed! Colors were brighter, tastes were tastier, smells were smellier. It’s like I became one of those mutants with the weird powers that nobody really needs.

Like Professor Charles Xavier. Sure, the helmet is cool and all, but you’d think he could figure out how to walk, right? He’s the most powerful telepath in the universe, but he can’t stand up. And none of the other geniuses around him can figure it out either. Maybe a little less “saving the world” and a little more “research on spinal regeneration”.

The first time I wore my hat at a jaunty angle, things got kind of crazy. Grown men cried. Women threw their babies at me and asked that I raise them as my own. Cars plowed into each other in the street as I walked by. Birds exploded.

And the paparazzi followed me everywhere, which was cool at first, but then it just got annoying. I was like, “I’m trying to pee here. Can you please shut the door?”

And I could never take my hat off. If I took my hat off or stopped wearing it at a jaunty angle, nobody paid any attention to me. It was like I didn’t exist, or worse, like I was just a normal person.

It was horrible.

But the minute I pushed the brim of my hat back with the tip of my index finger, a double rainbow would appear in the sky no matter where I was.

Several scientists started saying things like “she’s a fraud” and “nature doesn’t work that way” and “this is an example of mass hysteria”. But Instagram thought otherwise and I went from having two followers (my mom and a prisoner doing life named Hank) to over 1.1 million followers overnight. All because I wear my hat at a jaunty angle.

Now that I’m an influencer, I get a lot of calls from other influencers, like the Pope.

“Frank,” I said, “try wearing that pointy hat at a jaunty angle. Trust me. It’ll make a world of difference.”

So he did. It was a huge hit.

Not everybody can pull it off. But the next time you wear a hat, push it towards the back of your head a little, or tip it up at the side at a jaunty angle. Then comment on my page about how wearing a hat at a jaunty angle has changed your life!
https://medium.com/the-haven/how-wearing-my-hat-at-a-jaunty-angle-changed-my-life-d00579702728
#jauntyangle
#crookedhats
#scienceisstupid
88AA42F2-C47F-4786-982F-FE40B6D3961B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner