Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

I was wearing a Stetson Open Road during my dog soiree this morning.
i-XDKDjvf-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
I love the details of this old OR. This is the crease I would have other than the traditional cattleman.

Morning walk and one of my favorite hats. Early 50s RD Stetsonian.

View attachment 365157 View attachment 365156 View attachment 365155
How early is this one? It looks well loved.

My cousin, Jorge Valle Tejeda, died last night from the virus. He was 66, and hadn't been vaccinated. I hope everyone in the group has been.
So sorry to hear this Max. It seems that we are all touched by this horrible time. My daughter had it early on in the pandemic, thank god she beat it.

Love that felt Johnny. Black hats rule.

Another black hat.. this one a bit shorter brim. I thought this impromptu Cavanagh edge week could use an actual Cavanagh branded Cavanagh Edge hat. The brim my be shorter on this twenty-five dollar 1960s hat… but it is still well appointed in true Cavanagh style.

View attachment 365216 View attachment 365217 View attachment 365218 View attachment 365219 View attachment 365220 View attachment 365221
My favorite slim brim is my Cavanagh in a dark brown. It is the close cousin of this one. Rat Pack Rules!

VS thin ribbon:

View attachment 365222 View attachment 365223

Masks are back in a lot of California, so I don my disguise for a trip to Costco. I hate wearing the things, but I’ll do my part.
I didn't get the memo that it was cool black hat day. I know masks are a pain, but I'm proud to know each of my lounge brothers are smart enough to do their part.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Morning run to grocery in this Buckaroo Hatters beaver/mink blend, black cherry. (Actually, I’m sitting in the car checking the threads while the wife does the shopping!)
View attachment 365161
View attachment 365162

Grand hat and I believe you have the perfect job on this essential errand.

View attachment 365164 View attachment 365165 View attachment 365166
Roof coating a mobile home today, hot enough had to go straw today. Only 80°f but feels much hotter up there. This is the second summer on this Twister bangora. Cheap hat but a tough one.

Excellent choice for a working hat. Thanks for sharing.

My cousin, Jorge Valle Tejeda, died last night from the virus. He was 66, and hadn't been vaccinated. I hope everyone in the group has been.

Truly sorry to hear of the tragic outcome Max. I too have lost family early in this pandemic. Agreed - vaccination provides protection. I am thinking of your family tonight sir.

iCg8ScO.jpg

Wolfbrae Custom hatters.

Your smile is so telling about the hat and escapades. Cheers!

Out to my grandnephew's 16th birthday party at a local restaurant. Grandpa's in town this week and he wanted to go to his favorite restaurant, then go to see the new Clint flick.

Grandpa's just busting his buttons over that!

Stetson Playboy for the ride there.

View attachment 365212

Which was replaced after I arrived.

View attachment 365213

Way to go with the moment! We need to wear the appropriate costume for the event.

Another black hat.. this one a bit shorter brim. I thought this impromptu Cavanagh edge week could use an actual Cavanagh branded Cavanagh Edge hat. The brim my be shorter on this twenty-five dollar 1960s hat… but it is still well appointed in true Cavanagh style.

View attachment 365216 View attachment 365217 View attachment 365218 View attachment 365219 View attachment 365220 View attachment 365221

Cheers for another of yours Cavanagh's.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Director made the cut to the bus stop this morning:
View attachment 364896

I admire your attire choice for bus stop adventures.

View attachment 364897

Johnny your smiles makes all hats work. Cheers.

VS thin ribbon:

View attachment 365222 View attachment 365223

Masks are back in a lot of California, so I don my disguise for a trip to Costco. I hate wearing the things, but I’ll do my part.

Darn sharp VS thin ribbon. Halloween is spoiled for me as I have worn a mask oodles this year and I have indeed eaten candy. ;) For the benefit of all of us I wear a mask.

A short trip to the grocery store this morning in the cool air called for felt! Wore my Knox Excellent Strat clone. Got a couple of comments in Safeway, it was worth it. Too lazy to get photos, so archive shot, wearing the same puppy checked blazer as this morning.
View attachment 365252 View attachment 365253

Archive shot works for me. Lovely hat and sport coat. Best wishes for your koi pond work.

Eric -

A simple Royal looking in all ways like a Stratoliner, but not one. This World War II era hat was sold in the village of East Aurora, NY (a lovely town just south of Buffalo) in a shop owned by Max Menashe Kadet whose name was Kadecki when he was born in Poland in 1883. He died in 1961. Oh the stories that hats can whisper through the imprints on their sweatbands.

093021_1.jpg

093021_2.jpg

093021_3.jpg

093021_4.jpg

A simple Royal looking in all ways like a Stratoliner, but not one. This World War II era hat was sold in the village of East Aurora, NY (a lovely town just south of Buffalo) in a shop owned by Max Menashe Kadet whose name was Kadecki when he was born in Poland in 1883. He died in 1961. Oh the stories that hats can whisper through the imprints on their sweatbands.

View attachment 365405

View attachment 365407

View attachment 365408

View attachment 365406
Well that's a Wow!

View attachment 365405

View attachment 365407

View attachment 365408

View attachment 365406
Wonderful story about the hat shop, yes our hats all harbor stories. That liner and sweat are incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner