Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
HA HA, Randal. I didn’t notice before you mentioned it. It's an often used word in Danish. It can mean motion or speed. The whole word behind me is Søfart, which means maritime.

In Danish elevators there's a sign that always amuses English speaking visitors. It means in motion - "I fart" :)

Swell fedora profile!

I’m no gum shoe, but from your own posted photo it don’t take much sleuthing to figure out who might’ve cut the cheese!

Sorry, Steve. Couldn’t help saying...something about that partial word behind you.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Yet another great hat week, Stefan. I'm particularly drawn to the Mallory. Nice shape to it.

This week in hats.
Panizza
View attachment 366187

Lock&Co
View attachment 366188

Vimenet
View attachment 366189

Berteil nutria by Borsalino
View attachment 366190

Tirard Ragondia
View attachment 366191

Mayser Antilope
View attachment 366192

Mallory Bowler. This one I wore for a little trip cycling with some collegues. The rains came and we all got soaked, including the hat. When it was wet it grew about two sizes and after I let it dry (which took about two days) it was back to its original self.
View attachment 366193

Berteil (again)
View attachment 366194

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
20211003_125255.jpg

Resistol and Ray-Ban Aviators today. Funny thing about the sunglasses, I found them in the trash. Our local recycling place has a dumpster for old furniture. Well I was throwing an old chair away when I spotted the glasses sitting on top of an old dresser, being as nobody else was there but the attendant in his booth I nabbed them lol. Didn't know they was Ray-Bans right then,didn't learn that until closer inspection at home. Not a scratch on them.

This week in hats.
Mallory Bowler. This one I wore for a little trip cycling with some collegues. The rains came and we all got soaked, including the hat. When it was wet it grew about two sizes and after I let it dry (which took about two days) it was back to its original self.
View attachment 366193
I sure did miss seeing your weekly hat parade. Love the old Mallory, such a great shape for a Derby (American made). I assume the liner and sweat are a sight to behold.

Yesterday evening I did a couple errands in an Adams fedora. The muggy weather had me appreciating the unique mesh liner of this felt hat. I appreciate the appointments of this unique Adam fedora.

i-7J8dqWv-M.jpg

i-KZCQvhx-M.jpg

i-cNZZBXC-M.jpg

A bit later I was picking tomatoes and changed to a Lee All American in a "fawn" hued felt.

i-5tz2bNF-M.jpg

"How to rate an A?" Wear a Stetson Casual fedora. "Great for the country." A dog soirre this morning and a trip to the car wash in a Stetson Casual.

i-3Js4Q8h-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That Stetson is sure interesting. I wonder if it was considered "entry level" or "low end" of the catalog in it's day? It has survived to be a real showpiece today! Love the Adam too.

Very nice! It does have the classic look.

Really! A water spigot I have down on the lower lawn broke this morning. Turned the water off and headed to the hardware store to pick-up essential repair supplies. I donned a pre-40's Stetson Special. This is hat of the Canadian Hurley's store recent find. Excellent felt and fixings. Last evening I wore the hat and it got wet in a rain. Today the ribbon shows some water marks. I will have to address that in the upcoming days. Glorious hat!

It did not take a lot of time to repair the broken water spigot. Yea!!!!!!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-n46b5HS/0/09aa10ca/M/i-n46b5HS-M.jpg
i-n46b5HS-M.jpg

The underbrim pic (below) is the accurate showcase of the felt hue.

i-tNqkBxm-M.jpg

The liner details rock.

i-wk7Kvdk-M.jpg

I have started a slow roast of some meats in preparation of a Hungarian Goulash. I am working the grill in a Borsolino longer haired fedora.

The quality of the felt of this vintage fedora is exceptional. A milkshake hued felt and dynamite appointments should have this fedora seeing lots of head time.
i-4Qg8tvR-M.jpg

i-7JNHtdK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Two more very special lids Eric! That Premier liner is to die for. That Italian Stallion is superb.

Borsalino via Wolfbrae:

View attachment 366306 View attachment 366308 View attachment 366309
Love that whip stitch. Is it original to the hat? Very cool.

Complete with a single cat hair. Pets and black hats…. :)

Quick trip to the grocery store on a cool, but sunny day. A light weight hat was in order. My go-to for this is a wonderful early 50s Borsalino Featherweight. This hat is via Anthony Amodeo from a couple of years ago. I do love the wider brim, and the soft felt. Archive pic, didn't get the camera out before heading out.

View attachment 366310 View attachment 366311 View attachment 366315

I knew your hat was a Borsalino before I read it. It just has that special something common to Borsalinos. Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy